Cape Mask
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I am planning on buying a used copy described as "Includes plastic organizer, cards are sleeved and in plastic cases. Game has been played 1 maybe 2 times. Its in near mint condition." for Twlight and the two expansions. After only drooling over it but never playing it, is there anything I should be on the look for in terms of missing pieces, or other things?

Thanks,

Wade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've learned to always just straight out ask, "Is the game complete." And then when I get it, if I have the time I inventory it as soon as possible. Especially with wargames.

I've bought games before where the seller thought that the game was complete, and other cases where they didn't know but this fact hadn't been brought up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Older versions of the base game have a misprint on the cost of PDS units on the Great Race sheets, it will be less confusing during game play if you verify before purchasing that the cost of PDS units on the Great Race sheets is "2" (correct cost) and not "1" (the misprint error).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a TON of pieces. All you can do is inventory after breaking them into the individual expansions. I freaked out a little when I bought mine used because I thought I was missing cards. Singe expansion cards replace the originals. I would ask the seller if they replaced those cards to save you the worry. I wouldnt worry too much though so long as it is all there. The compinent quality is excellent. Mine was a heavily played copy, only real wear was on the box. And if you're all sleeved up and in plastic organizers, you are golden. Just don't blow a tonof money...the expansions are coming up on a reprint if the talk is true, and the prices for those won't be crazy. I got mine for $120, couldnt picture spending over $200 on a used set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would verify the number of things like: "CC's" (command counters), [16] each Great Race; "flags" (control markers), [16] each Great Race (I believe it's [16] anyway). Plastic units; [5] DN's, [4] CV's, [8] DD's, [8] CA's, [6] PDS's, [10] ftrs, [12] GF's, [1] FS, [4] MU's (I may have the GF and ftr numbers reversed).

You really do need ALL of the Objective cards; "Special, [5]," Stage I PO's, Stage II PO's, Secrets, Preliminaries (I know there's [10] of those).

Strategy Cards (can't play the game without these), with both expansions you have many to account for, and you will want all of them.

That's my "2 cents."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards sleeved? Wow. Lots of cards.
The important ones are the objective and strategy cards.
It sounds like he has everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel C.
United States
Deshler
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
akinfantryman wrote:
All cards sleeved? Wow. Lots of cards.
The important ones are the objective and strategy cards.
It sounds like he has everything.

a little over 1000 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Stroom
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
My 2 cents, if it
Quote:
Includes plastic organizer, cards are sleeved and in plastic cases
I'd bet it's complete, as its owner is clearly anal

Or he is selling because he has lost some pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Politis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Is this game out of print? Cause i would really want to buy a new copy instead of an old one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
chris4afk wrote:
Is this game out of print? Cause i would really want to buy a new copy instead of an old one.

It's reprinted fairly frequently; I don't know where we are in the cycle at the moment. As far as I know it remains a decent seller and there's no prospect of the reprints stopping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chris4afk wrote:

To each their own, but a good used copy is great... saves you money and time as the original owner did all the punching and sorting for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cape Mask
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
The end result was great. A very good deal as everything looks good. The card sleeving, separate containers, even the planets were alphabetized. I think it turned into a success for me with a quality that would have matched if I bought all three retail. But thanks to the group for letting me know what to look for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.