Hide
3 Posts

Quartermaster General: 1914» Forums » Rules

Subject: Defending in Difficult Terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Cook
msg tools
In playing the game, I was queried with respect to the need to discard a card from hand in order to play a prepared "Defend Army" card when in difficult terrain.

The rules are very clear, in two places (p25 and 28 in my edition) that the attacker needs to discard from their hand in order to attack, or sustain, a land or sea battle into difficult terrain.

No mention is made regarding whether a player with an army defending in difficult terrain need discard from their hand in order to play a prepared defend army card.

So far, we have thought that this is to represent the advantage of defending in difficult terrain and not required a discard in order to play a prepared defend army card.

Are we correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct. Only the attacker needs to discard from hand to sustain battles on difficult terrain. Reinforce cards are always free to reveal, both on land and at sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's a "Defend Army" card? Do you mean a Reinforce Army card?

If so, I think you answered your own question: "No mention is made regarding whether a player with an army defending in difficult terrain need discard from their hand in order to play a prepared defend army card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.