Subject: Blitz: A Half Century of Conflict rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I am very pleased to announce that Compass Games, Australian Design Group, and myself, are teaming up for another Blitz game that will be called Blitz: A Half Century of Conflict!

This will be a 3-in-1 featuring:

(1) A new stand-alone game (everything you need will be in the box) for World War I, using the Blitz format. Notably in addition to the pieces will be a brand new world map and new rules booklet.

(2) An expansion set for the published World War II game, Blitz: A World in Conflict. This will include 3 counter sheets of additional 5/8" pieces, which will join with the already published 5/8" pieces and the new map & rules to create an even better World War II game. (You'll need to own Blitz: A World in Conflict to play the expanded game.)

(3) The full Half Century of Conflict game from 1914 until the 1950s. You'll start at the beginning of WW1 (possibly with a pre-WW1 quick module similar to the published "blizting the road to war" pre-WW2 module) and fight out all of World War I. Then an inter-war module of rules will move you through the 1920s and 1930s until, a generation later, World War II inevitably breaks out again. And this time you won't need to stop in 1946. You can keep on fighting into the 1950s, or perhaps with another inter-war pause and then begin World War III.

The latter combined game is something I've always wanted to do, and never seen any game attempt before. This will be very exciting! Thanks for all of your support!

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Sign me up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
I am very pleased to announce that Compass Games, Australian Design Group, and myself, are teaming up for another Blitz game that will be called Blitz: A Half Century of Conflict!

This will be a 3-in-1 featuring:

(1) A new stand-alone game (everything you need will be in the box) for World War I, using the Blitz format. Notably in addition to the pieces will be a brand new world map and new rules booklet.

(2) An expansion set for the published World War II game, Blitz: A World in Conflict. This will include 3 counter sheets of additional 5/8" pieces, which will join with the already published 5/8" pieces and the new map & rules to create an even better World War II game. (You'll need to own Blitz: A World in Conflict to play the expanded game.)

(3) The full Half Century of Conflict game from 1914 until the 1950s. You'll start at the beginning of WW1 (possibly with a pre-WW1 quick module similar to the published "blizting the road to war" pre-WW2 module) and fight out all of World War I. Then an inter-war module of rules will move you through the 1920s and 1930s until, a generation later, World War II inevitably breaks out again. And this time you won't need to stop in 1946. You can keep on fighting into the 1950s, or perhaps with another inter-war pause and then begin World War III.

The latter combined game is something I've always wanted to do, and never seen any game attempt before. This will be very exciting! Thanks for all of your support!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Cool! What is the target date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Richard,

I'm not sure yet. I'll post when we know. The map & units are 95% done, but this is a complex game to playtest, so I want to make sure that's done well (or at least as well as possible in a reasonable timeframe.)

If anyone would like to help playtest, please email me at davelelacheur@gmail.com!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Johnson
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Dave,
My email is on the way to you with contact info.
Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin McCane
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Dave,

Is the new map for the Blitz: A World in Conflict expansion bigger than the original? That's the biggest complaint I have about the map is that it is too small for the counters, especially the larger counters. I had a larger custom map made through FedEx Kinkos.

I am also interested in playtesting the new game and will email you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hey Devin,

Thanks for the offer, look forward to your help!

The map will be much larger though of course with more land areas. All units will be 5/8" so that helps right there. I have made a phyiscal copy of the map and units myself. There are a few land areas where you only have room for 1 counter & thus have to stack whatever is there. But most land (and all sea) areas have room for several counters.

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn H
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very nice. Looking forward to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
Hi Richard,

I'm not sure yet. I'll post when we know. The map & units are 95% done, but this is a complex game to playtest, so I want to make sure that's done well (or at least as well as possible in a reasonable timeframe.)

If anyone would like to help playtest, please email me at davelelacheur@gmail.com!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Dave, any word on this yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks for the follow-up Richard!

Compass and I agreed recently that the new game would be completely standalone. Neither of us were comfortable *requiring* players to buy Blitz AWIC, so we dropped that. This has resulted in me doing some redesign work, since the new game won't be picking out certain AWIC units for re-use anymore.

This is great news for the game, imo. I'm delighted and excited to have a completely free hand to build this game idea. The only downside is that it sets back my timeframe a bit due to the redesigning. We've put a "pause" on playtesting until we're ready to move ahead again with redesigned units. The good news (as many on this thread know, since they are now playtesters!) is that the revised units are done in concept and I'm now doing the artwork -- so playtesting should resume within 3-4 weeks hopefully.

We are going to change game title too, to something like "Lightning Strikes: A Half Century of Conflict".

What does this mean for release date? Well I'm still hopeful for fall of 2018, but Compass won't make that decision for a few months I suspect.

Kind regards,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
Thanks for the follow-up Richard!

Compass and I agreed recently that the new game would be completely standalone. Neither of us were comfortable *requiring* players to buy Blitz AWIC, so we dropped that. This has resulted in me doing some redesign work, since the new game won't be picking out certain AWIC units for re-use anymore.

This is great news for the game, imo. I'm delighted and excited to have a completely free hand to build this game idea. The only downside is that it sets back my timeframe a bit due to the redesigning. We've put a "pause" on playtesting until we're ready to move ahead again with redesigned units. The good news (as many on this thread know, since they are now playtesters!) is that the revised units are done in concept and I'm now doing the artwork -- so playtesting should resume within 3-4 weeks hopefully.

We are going to change game title too, to something like "Lightning Strikes: A Half Century of Conflict".

What does this mean for release date? Well I'm still hopeful for fall of 2018, but Compass won't make that decision for a few months I suspect.

Kind regards,
Dave L.

Ugh....ok. Well, sooner the better. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
potsdambear83 wrote:

Just for the record, late 2018 has always been my personal goal for this being published. It's an enormous task, but having fun with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Wittmer
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveLeLacheur wrote:
potsdambear83 wrote:

Just for the record, late 2018 has always been my personal goal for this being published. It's an enormous task, but having fun with it!

I'll be watching and waiting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.