Tragedy Looper» Forums » General

Subject: how long do the first few scenarios take to play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
haqattaqq .
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I see that the game length says 2 hours, but I'm guessing that there are shorter and longer scenarios. How long are the first few scenarios to play?

I'm interested in this game but want to make sure that it's not too long for my gaming partner (who tends to top out at about 1 to 1.5 hour games).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The first scenario is quite short, probably doable in about an hour. The second scenario is longer, probably more than 1.5 hours; at 4 loops and 5 days per loop it's not much shorter than a full scenario. The other scenarios are full-length and probably take about 2 hours.

The thing is that while the early scripts are smaller, their play time tends to get drawn out because everyone's new to the game. So rules explanations and reminders are needed, table-talk is probably on, and players take longer to figure out what they need to do or what they can deduce. So they don't take that much less time than the full scripts do, though Script 1 is very fast despite that.

Also note that scripts can't be replayed. So even if the first two scripts are a good length for your partner, that's still only two games you'll get before you need to move on to full-length scripts. Though you can get more short scripts by looking up additional First Steps scripts on the internet or by writing your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.