Victory Point Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

https://www.victorypointgames.com/darkest-night-the-small-ho...

Complete your Darkest Night experience with The Small Hours, bringing all the new cards and gameplay features from the second edition of Darkest Night to your first edition game set.

This opportunity ends 31 May!

Click here for instructions on how to reserve your copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Just so everyone knows, this project is on a strict timer and your chance to reserve a copy is over at the end of May.

After that, we will manufacture the last copies and say good-bye to our Canon superprinter and prepare to move VPG to a more "virtual" office space.

Our days of print-on-demand and laser-cut components are rapidly winding down, folks. So if you want THE SMALL HOURS, you're hours to get it are getting small by the... well, hours!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks great. The only additional information I could use is how much shipping might end up being. $45 doesn't seem crazy for ~250 cards, but if it's actually more like $65 that's getting pretty pricey for an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan, is there a way to not get the boxed edition of the capstone and simply get a ziploc bag version to put into our regular box, will it be cheaper? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a big fan of the game, and i definitely prefer all the components' design in the second edition... except for the heroes' power cards.

With this capstone expansion, i'm glad i will have the option of swapping in my first edition cards without losing any gameplay, albeit at quite a cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

There are WAY too many cards to pack it properly in a ziplock; the cards would simply damage the other components...

Besides, we're in haste building these before we lose the capability, so we had to pick 1 SKU and really "go for it."

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification Alan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huger wrote:
This looks great. The only additional information I could use is how much shipping might end up being. $45 doesn't seem crazy for ~250 cards, but if it's actually more like $65 that's getting pretty pricey for an expansion.

I'd also like info on the estimated shipping cost (to Canada) too, since with both USD to CAD conversion & shipping cost (and import taxes...) this expansion could get really pricy really quickly, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. That link leads to a page where I can spend $5 on a $10 coupon for the upgrade pack. But how much does the upgrade pack actually cost? How much will shipping be? Maybe this information is elsewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halfway down the linked page: expected price 49.99 (in summer 2017).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mb
creator1113 wrote:
I'd also like info on the estimated shipping cost (to Canada) too, since with both USD to CAD conversion & shipping cost (and import taxes...) this expansion could get really pricy really quickly, unfortunately.

I went to their webstore, added a game (picked Cruel Necessity, that's a not-small game right?) and checked their estimated shipping to Finland. 26$. Might not be what The Small Hours costs but it seemed like a good baseline. So for me this'll be 71$ + customs, or thereabouts.

Certainly expensive, particularly so given my current circumstances. But rules could convince me to go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
Halfway down the linked page: expected price 49.99 (in summer 2017).

Ah. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Box
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have until 31 May to reserve a copy!

This is the ONLY way you may guarantee a copy of Darkest Night: The Small Hours. Once the game is made available for sale, at that time ONLY orders from valid coupon holders will be honored. Other non-verified orders will be cancelled and refunded.

Will this become available at my local games shop? The supplier couldn't say for sure. Or do only valid coupon holders get access to this expansion? I don't want to mis this, but sending and customs are a bit high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe we will be making many more copies than reservations, so I expect that its availability in stores will be somewhere between problematic and unlikely. We're trying to go forward with the second edition, and this is a "backward" project to close out the first edition.

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I just reserved a copy. I presume that I pay the balance of 45 bucks when the game is actually published?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I just reserved a copy. I presume that I pay the balance of 45 bucks when the game is actually published?

Correct; although it might be less as you've placed a reservation. It is my understanding that comes with an additional discount.

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.