Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with most worker placement games, there is the question about whether performing the action of the space you choose is mandatory. At the bottom of page 10 of the rules, I see the text "Place one Worker with an Exosuit on a Hex space or Hex pool space on the Main board and perform its Action" (emphasis mine).

I take this to mean that one cannot place a worker on a space without also performing the action (as a pure blocking maneuver). If anyone disagrees or would like to confirm my reading of the rule, I welcome your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, actions are mandatory. You can not place only to block.

The only exception (kind of) is that you can place at the first spot at the World Council and take the first player marker without taking any of the Capital actions – even if you already are the first player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:

The only exception (kind of) is that you can place at the first spot at the World Council and take the first player marker without taking any of the Capital actions – even if you already are the first player.

+1 and David confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:

+1 and David confirmed.

And I shall do so again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Googly Boogly
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also understand that the post-impact secondary copy actions are not mandatory.
You can just take the first copy of the actions as usual. (it still makes the tile flip over afterwards)
Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GooglyBoogly wrote:
I also understand that the post-impact secondary copy actions are not mandatory.
You can just take the first copy of the actions as usual. (it still makes the tile flip over afterwards)
Correct?

Not sure what you mean but the general rules still apply , you can always use the First Player spot but do not need to take a copy action and cant unless there is a full column.

You can only take the Right hand 1 water copy action if there is a a full column and then do an action in a full column.

If you do a copy action you do not get the Capital Action Bonus but also don't pay the covered up costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bruckart
United States
Gainesville
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Winless Streaker
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you go to the left World Council action if you are the first player to take an action on a filled column. Thus getting an action out of it and blocking others from taking first player from you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brbdc wrote:
Can you go to the left World Council action if you are the first player to take an action on a filled column. Thus getting an action out of it and blocking others from taking first player from you?

Yes = the 1st player spot is shorthand for the Left Word Council spot above - "you do not need to.... "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.