Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the Anniversary Edition is inbound I'm trying to sell off my 2nd edition version of the game. I can't seem to remember whether the War of the Ring Upgrade Kit was for 1st or 2nd edition of the game? Seems to be 1st according to the information page, but I'm quite certain I used them with my 2nd edition game as well, what gives?

Also, is Lords of Middle-Earth still needed with AE, or can I sell it as well? Treebeard promo?

To clarify. I own the 1st edition as well including Battles of the Third Age which I'm planning to keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upgrade kit was for the 1ed
LoME is still needed with the AE
Keep Treebeard promo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The upgrade kit was to bring the 1st ed. up to the 2nd ed. You probably should not have been using them with the 2e, I think.

Also, LoME is for the current ed. So I would keep that as you can use it with your new AR. The Treebeard promo is probably not useful in any real sense , but it is for the 2e/AR. You have the first iteration of Treebeard in BotTA.

So, if you are keeping just the 1e/BotTA, keep the upgrade kit. You can also keep LoME an Treebeard for use with the new AR, if you wish. Otherwise, it goes with 2e. And I suppose you could use LoME with 1e if you used the upgrade kit, due to card size.

Oh hell, keep it all. I'll never let go of any of my WotR stuff! J/K, hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.