Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiblemza wrote:
Always thought this game looked cool, but was turned off by components I could not find after it hit retail.

As I understand it, this is what was offered in the KS:

- Base game.
- Item pack.
- Carnage pack.
- Tall Tales.

This is what was offered AFTER the KS:

- Duels.
- Retro.
- Collector's pack.

I have a couple of questions... is it true that the Item/Carnage/Tall Tales were eventually included in retail? If not, what are the chances of those items being available for purchase during the Northern Territory KS?

It looks like a cool game but being the person I am, I'm not going to back/buy if I feel like I'm missing parts of the game.

Yes, everything was rolled into the core game.

"Duels" is just a micro-version of the versus mode for 2 players. It DOES come with 4 different grimslingers an 1 new unique anima. Nothing gameplay related.

Retro card pack, you cannot get that anymore, it was basically just some extra art.

Collector's card pack you CAN get in the new KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
so the collectors pack offered in the current expansions kickstarter is the same as the pack from the original kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve,

For many on BGG, we are completionists. Could you give us a comprehensive list of all that is Grimslingers and explain how we can acquire said list of items?

Cheers and goodluck with the current campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
@G. Bridge: Yes.

List of Grimslinger things:

Grimslingers Core Game:
2nd edition is available via retail, third edition available via the new KS

Grimslingers: Duels
Available in retail while supplies last, and via the GBG web store (www.greenbriergames.com). No plans to reprint.
Comes with 4 exclusive "grimslingers" and 1 exclusive "anima". Anima nor the Grimslingers add anything gameplay wise. Allows the core game to go up to 8 players in versus mode.

Retro Card Pack
No longer available (maybe on ebay?). Comes with 6 pixel character grimslinger cards and 6 "duel modifiers". Duel modifiers were environments you could pick at the start of a versus duel that added a special stipulation for the duel (Such as...in the cemetary, if you weren't killed by fire you get to go back to 1 hp).

Collector's Card Pack
Available via GBG Website and the new KS campaign. Will not be had in retail. This is a GBG webstore/cons exclusive. Comes with 3 sets of "Light" and "Dark" elements (and they are pretty sweet), an Icarus Grimslinger card and a "Lord Briar" grimslinger card. Also, comes with the "Collector's Box" item card, which was an inside/sad joke with backers of the original campaign.

Valley of Death Neoprene Playmat
This was only available via GBG webstore/cons. Currently still available via the GBG webstore while supplies last. The new xpac makes it kind of irrelevant though. Not entirely, but somewhat.

VIP Access
This will always be available. It's not currently on the GBG webstore (I have no idea why) but it's basically a zip file with full HD print and player files for the entire game (and soon to be xpac). Comes with template PSD files for creating your own content, and now it also includes a PC .exe for the unreleased app that the game originall started as. This is a for life thing, buy it once, you're good. It also *potentially* gives you access to DLC campaigns for the Tall Tales portion of the game.

Player Space Mat
This is available via the new kickstarter, and will be something that goes onto the GBG webstore after. It organizes your player space.

Those are the current offerings! Oh and the new expansion of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yessss!

I'm not a fan of producing exclusive content that has awesome gameplay features. If it's awesome...it should go in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
Yessss!

I'm not a fan of producing exclusive content that has awesome gameplay features. If it's awesome...it should go in the box.

I love you, senpai.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered Duels to give this a shot before considering backing. It sounds similar to ABXY, which I loved, with better art and the added blackjack, and I love blackjack.

I'm concerned about the lack of retro pack though. It sounds lovely. Any plans on adding the dueling grounds with different art? Same with the grimslingers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I have ordered Duels to give this a shot before considering backing. It sounds similar to ABXY, which I loved, with better art and the added blackjack, and I love blackjack.

I'm concerned about the lack of retro pack though. It sounds lovely. Any plans on adding the dueling grounds with different art? Same with the grimslingers?

Not at the moment...the best I can do for now is the fact that the VIP access (in the KS campaign) comes with retro pack PnP files.

Just keep in mind "Grimslingers: Duels" is just the elemental play. The full game adds signatures, items and archetypes to the duel which really spice it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Not at the moment...the best I can do for now is the fact that the VIP access (in the KS campaign) comes with retro pack PnP files.

Just keep in mind "Grimslingers: Duels" is just the elemental play. The full game adds signatures, items and archetypes to the duel which really spice it up.

Yup I know. I just want to get a feel of how it plays for now, but thanks for reminding me anyways. I'm more drawn to the campaign but as I've ordered some BIG, FAT campaign games (namely, 7th continent and kingdom death: monster), not sure I'll have time to play it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.