Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Searched in the Forums but couldn't find it anywhere so posting this item here.

DeMarco's La Danza De Le Muerta reads:

Hits Deal 4 damage. May move up to 2 zones before making this attack.

On first reading this, I assumed that the 2 zones you could move for free had to be legal zones of movement and that he couldn't for instance move over a sea zone, but after watching one of the creators playthoughs:

(https://youtu.be/cdlQATe0GPA?t=15m46s at about 15m and 46s)

It sounds like Michael confirms that the move can cross water.

Now, I know the vid is a bit older so maybe something was updated by the release, but Im mainly posting this up here for help explaining WHY to some particularly rules picky players of mine.

Is the argument that even though the ability is "moving" DeMarco, because it's not specifying that the zones have to be "Legal Zones" aka sea zones, its ok to move through sea zones? What about enemy models (which Im assuming is still a no)?

Also then does this apply to Carcharius' move (I dont have his card on hand) and also the Rigging Line Objective reward (I know this one has been kind of talked about in other threads, but still havent seen anything on here about whether or not the 5 spaces are "moves" meaning you cant move through enemy models... but in similar fashion to DeMarco, could these 5 zones include sea zones? The other threads have confirmed that it is NOT a RIGGING CHECK, which does allow you to Rig over water and enemy models similar to a "teleport", but since its a "move" you could use the same argument about DeMarco's "moves" that let you ignore water but maybe not enemy models?)

Appreciate everyone's opinions on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any movement you do has to be in a legal zone. This is a core rule of the game.

During the video Amanda moved 1 zone, and then made a Rigging Check as her second zone of movement.

You can do a rigging check anytime you could move 1 zone (assuming all other parameters are legal for rigging as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:
Any movement you do has to be in a legal zone. This is a core rule of the game.

During the video Amanda moved 1 zone, and then made a Rigging Check as her second zone of movement.

You can do a rigging check anytime you could move 1 zone (assuming all other parameters are legal for rigging as well).

Thanks for the clarifcation and speedy answer as usual. That's what I had originally assumed, but before Amanda had moved/rigged, we had thought it was said she could have used Danza De La Muerta to cross the water.

I'm assuming this applies to Carcharius and the Rigging Line too then.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet Zeshonski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, during her activation, Amanda first took a Move Action. She used one Movement Point to move from the Deployment Point to the edge of the ship and the second to rig across to the other ship. She then used La Danza de la Muerte to move two zones before attacking Snapjaw. She did not rig anywhere as part of her LDdlM attack.

But it sounds like Michael is saying "move up to 2 zones" means "spend up to 2 Movement Points."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.