Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read/heard a few reviewers say the game runs long and suggest removing some signets as a way to shorten it. My concern is this would create an imbalance: workers which provide signets directly would increase in value while workers which help build an engine would decrease in value. Can anyone comment on this? Has anyone tried removing signets and seen any negative effects on game balance?

I played my first game last night and after 2.5 hours we had to call it a night. My wife was gaining signets all along with purple and green. I went for red and blue and for quite a long time I had almost no signets. But by the end I was accelerating nicely. We ended with about a dozen points left in the box for green but surprisingly I was only 3 points behind my wife. I feel another couple of turns and I would have won easily. So it's only one play but it certainly appeared that my engine building strategy needed the full game length to beat her quick points strategy.

Anyway, thoughts are appreciated.

(As a side note, I had my eye on this game since the KS, but I had to hold off for budgetary reasons. Now that I finally got to play it I can say it was exactly what I hoped for. Really surprised there's not more buzz.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Removing about 5 signets per missing player (10 in a two player game, per colour) seemed to help greatly with the game length for two players; 5 removed for three players and the game length was greatly improved.

Sorry I can't remember exact length but I generally say the game is less than 2 hours with the changes I made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.