Subject: Image upload problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to upload the image for a playmat for a boardgame that I edited, the problem is it's too large according to the image uploading guidelines, and I tried uploading it as a common file but the upload fails soon after it begins (saying "error - secure connection to server was reset"), probably because the image is a bit too large (around 90 MB).
How do I share this with the other BGGeeks ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
90 MB seems big. Even if you upload it somewhere, people may have a hard time downloading it. Can it be smaller? Or perhaps make a zip file and upload it to your website, if you have one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a 300 DPI PNG meant for a large playmat, that's why it's big.
Downloading 90 MB is no problem in this day and age, heck people are downloading 50 GB movies...
Maybe if I divide it into sections (.rar sections that is) I could upload it on BGG) but that would mean a lot of succesive uploads and I don't know what the admins would think about that...
Maybe I should just upload it on some file hosting service but not sure which...

EDIT :
I've uploaded it to Dropbox (god I hate that site !), so problem solved for now (I wish you could upload bit bigger files to BGG, maybe not 10GB ones but 100MB would be useful)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.