Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giuseppe Vecchione
Italy
Nocera Inferiore
Salerno
flag msg tools
Hello!
Monolith has promised a guide to choose heroes, items and spells ... then comes the announcement in which he says that in the coming campaign with the Wave 2 we can use only 4 specific heroes ... I'm just pissed off? Where is this guide? Should we expect this HUGE selection limit even in Batman?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please where is that announcement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the scenarios do seem to be Hero Specific. I think they wanted to make it so you could exchange them but I guess that didn't pan out so well. I really can't wait to see how they work out this Campaign Book. Maybe, just maybe, what you're looking for will be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do scenarios need to be hero-specific? The core game rules seem quite simple to me; unless you don't take a hero with a specific needed skill for a particular scenario, I don't see hero-swapping breaking the game.

Maybe the balance will be off by a bit. But really, this is not Descent 2.0... it can't break that much!

I intend to house-rule/ hero-swap/ villain-swap the heck out of this simple game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well,ive treid different scenarios with other heroes/groups from the ones in the scenarios.and it all adds to the replayability of the scenarios!..that includes using heroes from the exclusives box too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be not so hard to have at least one alternative setup for each map. I already mentioned something like this here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679802/comments-how-use-yo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mlai00 wrote:
Maybe the balance will be off by a bit. But really, this is not Descent 2.0... it can't break that much!

You'd be surprised. seemingly small changes can have drastic effects on how things turn out.

I guess it comes down to whether your group's overlord wants to play a competitive game where they have a reasonable chance of winning, or if they don't care and just want to have fun while providing fun to the players too. I'm in the latter category, so I don't mind experimenting a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.