Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick de Bretagne
France
Brittany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pledge managed.

I have dropped the boxes to complete the missing Stretch Goals. I'm gonna create them by myself.

But, honestly, I am half sad and half angry (to be polite). To have to pay 23 euros to receive the muslim miniatures is quite a pain in the neck (to be clearly polite): these new units only replace something already paid... Something they (Giothingix) don't have to pay for (i mean the base units).

And I feel like Candy in Lou Reed's song when I realize they (Giostuffix) only propose muslim units for Hafsid and Mameluk dynasties. And what the heck (to be deeply polite) about the Golden Hord ? They can be Christian ingame? So what? Historically, they're not, dudes.

And, to dig more, I also feel like in this Kurt Cobain's song talking about "kissing open sores" when I remember they (Gizmochix) don't remember they have forgotten two steps in the SG's scale (which mean two of these chargeable SG should have been free, if not their - Giomayhemix - greed/inconsistency/unprofessionalism/complacency).

And, for I am a polite guy (as you've seen before), I would like to underscore again what Abbadon1 put courteously between brackets: they (Giomischiefix) are "only able to refund for the first 15 days after the end of the campaign and they waited more than 15 days to reveal the price". This time, I feel like I have no choice. It sounds to me like this old fashioned lyric from Zack de la Rocha : "Now you do what they told ya" and sit and wait, and sit and wait, and sit and wait...

Costumers have been treated like SM six-week-rabbits (to be verrrrry polite) during this campaign. Now, I am only waiting for news from them (Giochinfernix). Com'on guys, talk to me this way :

Godamn pain, I do appreciate Nicola Iannone and I like his game, but this campaign is like a complete NIN' s song to me :

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick de Bretagne
France
Brittany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And i am not weeping. Facts and observations only.

And you, whoever wants to talk about it or share a opinion, what did you buy (after your lungs, kidney, eyes, arms and legs) in this pledge? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to remember to let you know if I ever get my pledge invitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick de Bretagne
France
Brittany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I will try to remember to let you know if I ever get my pledge invitation.

Still nothing, Martin!? Same for me. I didn't wait for Giokicks e-mail about the Pledge Manager. I've paid a visit to their site, logged in and dealt the whole job by myself.

EDIT : it seems that they did open the PM only to the first backers (crociato and templare).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Powell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
This campaign definitely bumpy, the add ons are not cheap, even the all in name on the deluxe base+expansions pack is a little misleading.

All that said I have to protest the idea they are gouging you for the Muslim minis. You are right that you already get non-Muslim minis for those 2 players (which is why I'm not paying another 25 euros myself). However, I have no doubt it will cost much more to design and pay for a new mold for those units then Giochistarter will make in savings from not making regular minis for those that opt for the Muslim units. The first mini made with a mold has a much higher incremental cost than the 20,000th. Thus the cost of making that choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick de Bretagne
France
Brittany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wandmdave wrote:
This campaign definitely bumpy, the add ons are not cheap, even the all in name on the deluxe base+expansions pack is a little misleading.

All that said I have to protest the idea they are gouging you for the Muslim minis. You are right that you already get non-Muslim minis for those 2 players (which is why I'm not paying another 25 euros myself). However, I have no doubt it will cost much more to design and pay for a new mold for those units then Giochistarter will make in savings from not making regular minis for those that opt for the Muslim units. The first mini made with a mold has a much higher incremental cost than the 20,000th. Thus the cost of making that choice.

I see here the cost of mismanaging. As said before, Nicola Iannone and his game did not deserve that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad I cancelled my pledge!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick de Bretagne
France
Brittany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
I'm so glad I cancelled my pledge!!!

And I didn't. The game has a real potential. The creator has produced something mature and impressive. The publisher is way to much unprofessionnal, complacent and cavalier. But I cannot condemn someone for being surrounded by incompetent ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilith wrote:

And I didn't. The game has a real potential. The creator has produced something mature and impressive. The publisher is way to much unprofessionnal, complacent and cavalier. But I cannot condemn someone for being surrounded by incompetent ones.

I agree that the game certainly has potential, but I personally just couldn't stomach the risk of an ever increasing cost.

I certainly hope for the sake of the people who were able to bite the bullet on this one that the game holds up and is as good as it could be though. It would be a shame for a great game to be tainted by poor management, but I guess if you keep shopping around until someone says yes to publishing you can't really be too choosy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Keese
Germany
Lauenau
DE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe focusing on other products could cheer us up?
Tilith wrote:
There is mismanagement here and I am not weeping. Facts and observations only,

When one sees what other companies charge for a large map, for example, either greed or mismanagement are definitely the only possible explanations for the ridiculous price of the product and abysmal performance of the publisher. Then again, all this was already obvious during the campaign, with or without the extra 50% on the quoted price for the stretch goals-turned-add-ons.

So, since proposing all that could and should be done differently is persistently being ignored and no hope left any more, maybe directing our attention towards other games could cheer us all up a little?

In that case, you might want to take a look at «The Pirate Republic» by Green Feet Games as well as Academy Games' «878 - Vikings, Invasion of England».

Both look promising and cause a lot less disappointment and frustration than trying to get Giochix to finally do the right thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qui Peccavit
Angola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sweet things, othin' more than sweet things ...
Karsten has single-handedly done more for this campaign than the entire Giochix staff together, and many others helped and supported him. He tried to bring Giochix to wake up while at the same time banging the drum and trying to bring in more backers despite all their idiocies.
If the majority of backers had done what Giochix deserve for their style of customer service (dropping all pledges), that would have sent a signal to the industry. Since most chose to bet on the author and ignore the publisher, though, it was either «all in» or «all out», so he went to great lengths to promote the product and convince people to support the project for its potential and author. He and others fought the good fight, trying to make the commanding officers see the light, while at the same time remaining loyal to flag and fatherland.

So I decided to follow his example and leadership and bit the bullet, and I did so to the full extent. Why? Because if the end product is as much a failure as everything else during the campaign, I will bite my ass and curse the gods anyway, whether I wasted €500 or €600 on it. If on the other hand, MU should turn out to be a decent product in the end, I would swear even more if I didn't get the best variant, because there are no other games of this kind for more than 6 players out there.

So, with a certain fatalism, I eliminated at least one reason for getting angry at myself by going all in and hoping for sweet things, nothing more than sweet things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.