Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group was discussing what to do with the game. We all own pandemic so a few of us will probably take some components to upgrade our game but we weren't sure what to do with the rest.

Somebody suggested making it an ultimate legacy game. It was hard to destroy cards in the game but we got used to it. We were thinking of taking a picture and then having a ceremonial burning.

Not sure we will go to that extreme but we are curious what other groups have done.

edit-iPhone fail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a shadow box and will frame the state of the game at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
United States
Lebanon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you still continue to play the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gradman2k3 wrote:
Our group was discussing what to do with the game. We are all on pandemic so a few of us will probably take some components to upgrade our game but we weren't sure what to do with the rest.

Somebody suggested making it an ultimate legacy game. It was hard to destroy cards in the game but we got used to it. We were thinking of taking a picture and then having a ceremonial burning.

Not sure we will go to that extreme but we are curious what other groups have done.

Hang the board on the wall in my office, which whill now be referred to as "The War Room". The board, of course, will be "The Big Board". No Russians will be allowed to see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carnage994 wrote:
I got a shadow box and will frame the state of the game at the end.

I'm doing the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using:

1) The box to house my original pandemic + all expansions. Love that it all finally fits in one pandemic box and with plenty room to spare.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
2) The Faded Figures for Superbug Challenge. Seems more appropriate than purple cubes considering the vaccine is green. Also, good for those that want to play with a zombie apocalypse theme.

3) All my cubes, stations, and other tokens as replacements if I lose any from my normal game. I was originally going to add the cubes to Pandemic: Iberia, but wood seems better for that games aesthetics considering the wooden microscope markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kerrison
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
braceletwinner wrote:

Hang the board on the wall in my office, which whill now be referred to as "The War Room". The board, of course, will be "The Big Board". No Russians will be allowed to see it.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've dumped my regular Pandemic and expansions into the box and kept the Legacy board which I will desticker and probably use as the main board for regular Pandemic going forward. Same with the cards, the stickers easily come off.

The advantage is all my Pandemic stuff is in one location, which has freed up shelf space (win-win).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
For now my gaming group next will play November but as the end feels near I am already about to spend thoughts on how I will use the content to spice up pandemic once we finished our campaign. As I like pandemic and pandemic legacy is the only verison of pandemic I own I will put some more effort into this thematic.

Those 3 available Exit games from kosmos were kinda inspirational vor me in terms of legacy games the last months and I´d like to bring the additional content of Pandemic Legacy in a similar form. In the end there will be following:

A 12 card "Story deck" - Each card representing one month (There will be around 3 different cards with neutral backs for each month so that replayability is fair enough. Randomly pick one of thee cards for each month and therefore end up with a card pile of 12 unknown cards each game)
Those cards will guide you through the story and advise you through the resting material that can be appear within this game:

A 26 card "Missions & effects deck" with letters A-Z. Pick a card from this sorted deck every time a story deck card tells you. You may find some onetime events and hazards, some helping hands or basically a new mission. Once you resolved the effect / cleared the mission you continue with the next month -> the next month of your story deck and put the drawn Mission/effect card back into the sorted pile.

Furthermore all "Puzzle components" like city danger markers, special charakters that can be found, additional disease circumstances etc get clued on a cardstock with Number 1 - x on the backside. Sometime the "Story deck" or even the "Missions & effects deck" will advise to put some of these "Puzzle elements" into play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob R

Arlington
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm keeping the cubes, tokens, etc for use in other games or vanilla Pandemic. The rest is currently sitting in the recycle bin. Let's see if I can leave it there till trash day. It won't be easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Likewise, kept a few tokens and pieces otherwise everything else went to the bin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I've kept the copy our team used. It's come in very handy when answering rules questions on BGG. (-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We plan to burn it On September now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.