Subject: Can an action curse twice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liang Xia
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I was wondering what would happen if you added a curse enhancement on an attack line for a card that already curses as part of the action. Would it effectively curse twice and add two curse cards to the monster deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've had this happen actually via pulling a "curse modifier" card, and I decided yes. Curse effects occur immediately and leave no token on the monster (the tokens were manufactured accidentally). I can't find any reason why one attack couldn't curse the same monster more than once. Especially since we already know that AOE curses do add multiple cards to the monster modifier deck if it hits multiple targets. Since the deck itself is shared, I can't see why it wouldn't apply twice.

I also don't see why enhancements would be any different. And since there is a hard limit on curses available to add to modifier decks, it can't really be considered OP imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 22 lists Curse as a condition:

Quote:
The condition remains on the figure until the requirements for removing the specific effect are met. Only one of each condition type may be applied to any single figure at a time.

Based on the above, I would think you would not be able to apply two curse conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvation wrote:
Page 22 lists Curse as a condition:

Quote:
The condition remains on the figure until the requirements for removing the specific effect are met. Only one of each condition type may be applied to any single figure at a time.

Based on the above, I would think you would not be able to apply two curse conditions.

That second statement refers to conditions that are applied to specific figures. Curse and Bless are conditions that affect a figure only when the card is drawn. The card is then discarded.

There have been various threads discussing multiple curse and bless cards added to a modifier deck. In fact, you can purchase 2 bless cards via the sanctuary and add them to your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, a figure can't be double poisoned or double immobilized.

Unless Isaac says otherwise, I think you can do this.

I could see it going either way, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
Right, a figure can't be double poisoned or double immobilized.

Unless Isaac says otherwise, I think you can do this.

I could see it going either way, really.

Except the way has been ruled on already and you are correct, you can do multiple curses and blesses:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25203633#25203633

Also, note that even though a figure can't have duplicate condition tokens, a second instance of the condition will replace the first. That is important with respect to when the condition will be removed as the new instance will now be active for a full new round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
msg tools
I'm pretty sure you can curse something twice, given what one of the later unlocked classes can do.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The music note class has an ongoing effect of "The next 5 times you curse an enemy, curse them an additional time".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.