Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to see the highest overall rank a game has previously held? Or is there a way you can see the game's ranking from week to week and how it's increased/decreased in the rankings?

If there isn't, this is a feature I would like to see as I think it would be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not directly as far as I know, but some lists are created by users.

My favorite is this:
Re: BGG Top 50 Statistics GeekLists - Announcement thread
When you go to the GeekList, look on page 3 for a history graph made of microbadges. Subscribe to the thread above to get announcements of new editions.

Top 100 Analysis is another series. I don't know if it has a subscription list, but the latest is Top 100 Analysis March 7, 2017. You can use the forum search (top right of forums) to find lists: search in the General Gaming forum for "Top 100 Analysis -re:" Subject Only. (The "-re:" subtracts out replies.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of on topic, I've always thought it'd be interesting to see a chart of time vs rank for games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dale12 wrote:
Sort of on topic, I've always thought it'd be interesting to see a chart of time vs rank for games.
This has existed in the past, having been created by this user

Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb

Access to the data that his program used has been shut off, due to the demands it placed on BGG servers.

(it was fun while it lasted)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
dale12 wrote:
This has existed in the past, having been created by this user

Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Access to the data that his program used has been shut off, due to the demands it placed on BGG servers.

(it was fun while it lasted)
Has the program just recently been disabled? Because the program's creator demonstrated it as recently as March 3rd here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
Has the program just recently been disabled? Because the program's creator demonstrated it as recently as March 3rd here.

Best to check directly with him, but I am guessing that his tool still works as shown in that example but the history graph uses other data that became closed to inquiry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. I did not realize we were talking about 2 different things. blush

Carry on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
Oh. I did not realize we were talking about 2 different things.

Exactly, one (BGG1tool) uses several API calls that are currently working (for tasks different from charts about historical data), the other (BGG2graph) worked until 2015 with an API that is now discontinued (and now it can't run). When it worked, it created charts like that:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Tailor
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
Is there a way to see the highest overall rank a game has previously held? Or is there a way you can see the game's ranking from week to week and how it's increased/decreased in the rankings?

If there isn't, this is a feature I would like to see as I think it would be interesting.

Yep. Try this link to the stats files
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/157866/top50-bgg-monthly-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.