Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tier-00: Entry Level Tier
Founders: CrankyDay

Charter:

As the starting point of all League members, this tier is the foundation upon which the league is formed and supports all of the tiers above it; it is the gateway through which XTL careers are launched. This tier will have no founders listed, as it is the league facilitator himself who has established this tier.

Divisions within the Tier will have a limited format range, primarily featuring V-BF, while other formats will be rotated through to support the inclusion of players unable to play that format. Alternative formats may include V, V-B, and V-1B as necessary.

There is no relegation from this tier, as it is the lowest tier. All non-promoted players simply return to the queue and await their next chance to compete.

Divisions within this tier will promote two players rather than the normal one in order to provide a steady stream of competitors to the tiers above. Because of the extra promotion, the division size will be larger than normal, comprising of 7 players rather than 6.

Star Realms XTL -- main discussion thread
Star Realms XTL -- Tier-01
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Realms XTL -- Tier 00 (Entry Level Tier)

| Tier-00: Entry Level Tier
| Division-000: Cargo Launch
| Format: V-BF

CrankyDay
AngryPanda
dlow
karmakanik
FrUnitSeven
Mongul
Horowits

T00|D000 - Challonge Page

Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Realms XTL -- Tier 00 (Entry Level Tier)

| Division-001: Trade Raft

Daemonsson
jorchard
Ciago
Amaroid
ZiNOS
Schaumbee
DarthBinkly

T00|D001 - Challonge Page

Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

| Division-002: Spike Pod

Agamon
Darklighter
AJEddy
TAGames
bmcfluff
StormDragon
Facsantos

T00|D002 - Challonge Page

Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:

| Division-002: Spike Pod

Agamon
Darklighter
AJEddy
DarthBinkly
emnjver
TAGames
bmcfluff

T00|D002 - Challonge Page

You have a typo in the Challonge URL. It should be "t00_d002", not "t00-d002".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First XTL game complete.

Tier-00, Division-000, CrankyDay vs. Karmakanik

CrankyDay wins!

Edit: It was a good game. With 3/5 patrick planned to go frigtate+war world, but switched his second buy to the battle mech. I was able to get some blue and scrap, and on the penltimate turn, when he was supposed to faction the war world with frigate and mega mech it to boot, the ships were both bottom decked. I luck-drew my yacht to draw the extra cards needed for a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facsantos, I sent you two challenges (from Darklighter). One is the correct format (BF), and the other is an incorrect format. Feel free to reject or accept the incorrect one, we could always play it as a friendly match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GG Mongul!

I was on a very short rope with the way your deck was shaping up. It makes me a bit sick to say, but the Fleet HQ really came through for me there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mitzel
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GG, Crank! I just sent you a Geekmail about how your Fleet HQ completely took me by surprise. I should've just posted my comments here. :) It was awesome to watch, and a great learning opportunity, even if I had to be on the losing end of it. The Fleet HQ takes a lot of flack for being underpowered at $8, but it definitely won you that game. Very well played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irvin Khaytman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Fleet HQ is a bit underrated IMO - sure, late in the game, it's a waste. But if you get it early on and keep it around (cuz holy 8 defense), that extra 4ish damage each turn adds up.

Psyched to be in another league! I've been in a bit of withdrawal from Masters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

| Division-003: Trade Bot

Messire
Iamthetick
Kamillian
windybot
GodURmyall
Kuno
HomerJr

T00|D003 - Challonge Page

Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mitzel
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GG karmakanik!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Dalton
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never used challonge. I'm assuming you want us to report results there? How does the opponent confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Myers
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karmakanik over horowits. Gg very close.

I reported the results on challonge. Should we report here as well going forward?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting results in challonge is sufficient, though if agame is particularly exciting or interesting, writing about it here is welcomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Patrick, you were just the victim of daylight (in my timezone) robbery. As penance for my sins, I wish you all the best of luck in your match against Frank. For, er, completely unselfish reasons whistle

Seriously, though, good game, with some fun early/mid decisions. Your Patrol Bots were siamese twins, always turning up together (except for that last deck). By themselves, they're pretty decent; but pairing them up through the early/mid-game was game-defining on your side. Lucky late CS followed by drawing it, and my damage-blobs grouping together the next turn, was just larceny on my part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

| Division-004: Imperial Fighter

emnjver
Sodapop
Scrooge
rawlinpa
Klemp
irvek
Matney

T00|D004 - Challonge Page

Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I appreciate Adam's continued efforts to discover a format and league/tourney structure at which I miraculously find a way NOT to completely stink it up, I'm sorry to say that his latest attempt is a complete and utter failure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
godurmyall wrote:
While I appreciate Adam's continued efforts to discover a format and league/tourney structure at which I miraculously find a way NOT to completely stink it up, I'm sorry to say that his latest attempt is a complete and utter failure.

Get in line. Panda has lodged the same complaint. If you did manage to excel at it, I would just have to cancel it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:
godurmyall wrote:

Get in line. Panda has lodged the same complaint. If you did manage to excel at it, I would just have to cancel it.

I like your events...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Myers
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlow wrote:
Well, Patrick, you were just the victim of daylight (in my timezone) robbery. As penance for my sins, I wish you all the best of luck in your match against Frank. For, er, completely unselfish reasons whistle

Seriously, though, good game, with some fun early/mid decisions. Your Patrol Bots were siamese twins, always turning up together (except for that last deck). By themselves, they're pretty decent; but pairing them up through the early/mid-game was game-defining on your side. Lucky late CS followed by drawing it, and my damage-blobs grouping together the next turn, was just larceny on my part.

gg David! it was a classic damage vs. scrap race. i'm often leery of opening double trade pod not wanting to slow my deck down too much (even for the econ advantage) but allying them each time gave you a nice damage bonus and seemed to offset my patrol bots pairing. i desperately needed some lifegain or bases to prolong the game, but the trade row was uncooperative. well played sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Myers
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karmakanik over FrUnitSeven in an entertaining come from behind win. It's always satisfying beating Frank both because he is a very strong player and a bit of a curmudgeon. He had a huge lead in authority and seemingly the better deck, but I was able to get the base wall up and embassy yacht my way to victory. gg wp!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Division-000: Cargo Launch

One less than relevant match remains, but the results are in.

dlow is the division champion, and CrankyDay earns a promotion as well.

FrUnitSeven, Karmakanik, Mongul, AngryPanda, and Horowits all return to the Tier-00 queue for another chance soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mitzel
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to the promotees. I'm looking forward to the next wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

| Division-005: Federation Shuttle
| Format: V-1B

younggbg
SilentAl
Kengi
Ominous
Maddam
smors
ColinMacLeod

T00|D005 - Challonge Page

Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.