Updated with result of game (Major Victory!)

I'm curious what others do in general here. I've only played a couple times, but my latest game was a major victory. I ended up with 3 military points and 0 rancherias in the reservation at the end of H4. Here's the order I picked up the cards:

1. Horsemanship 1 - Definitely useful for early battles

2. Trade 1 - Being able to get guns easily is really useful as well early on, until the game gets mean and keeps taking them away later.

3. Warfare 1 - I never used it but wanted to get levels 2 and 3

4. Warfare 2 - Makes 1 strength bands really useful for raiding all over the map, with a minimum 2 success draws, and their low AP cost of re-activating

5. Warfare 3 - Was crucial for me in the 3rd period to keep the settlements down to achieve the victory condition.

6. Diplomacy 1 - Does nothing

7. Diplomacy 2 - I used this a few times for great benefit, particularly in the second to last round of the game.

8. Diplomacy 3 - I didn't use this much as I was able to use warfare 2 and 3 to ravage the crap out of my enemies so they rarely even accomplished many instructions. Most of the game after I got it, no useful peace instructions were face up. I ended up using it one time in H4, but it turned out to not matter.

9. Politics 1 - Never used it

10. Politics 2 - Could be useful to make an emergency new rancheria, still haven't used it.

11. Politics 3 - Holy crap useful. I obtained it as I flipped American Civil War into play. Feels like a must have before that happens as you can basically do whatever you want with no recourse from any enemies until the next passage of time. This plus Diplomacy 2 made H4 seem trivial.

I had the opportunity in H4 to buy 2 more cards, but I reserved my culture points for use in planning to convert to military points. I think in my next game I will consider getting politics before diplomacy. Politics 3 is just too powerful to wait for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
champalaune christ
France
echirolles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personaly, I often begin with Trade 1 and buy Horsemanship for my second choice to prevent battles.

I like for my third choice to buy Spirituality to get a better choice my my headman.

After I react according to my needs on the gameplay,

I react more tactical,

I played a lot Comancheria and my three cards too begin are alwars the same , after it depends, sure I didn't try all the possibilities because I think this game provides many ways to play according to the player.

Thank you sharing your gameplay,

Christ from France

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott de Brestian
United States
Mt. Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I played a lot Comancheria and my three cards too begin are alwars the same , after it depends, sure I didn't try all the possibilities because I think this game provides many ways to play according to the player.

I don't understand this comment. The game offers you many ways to play but you always play the same way? Why limit yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.