Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How many bands per rancheria? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Early on I found myself shooting for 3 per rancheria, usually a 3,2,2 or 3,2,1 strength combo. Then it occurred to me that with a strong Paraibo, combined with warfare level 2, I had a lot more flexibility with only 2 bands with a 3,1 combo in at least 1 rancheria.

If my Paraibo medicine was at 6 I could activate my 1 strength band with my Mahimiana (and with Warfare 2), send him out raiding with anywhere from 2-4 success check draws per raid, and by using the second band in the medicine track to get AP I could get 4 extra activations of my band, for a total of 24 MP in one take actions turn. That allows traveling all over the map to raid settlements as needed, as well as lots of MP for trading the raided goods. Yes obviously having just one 1 strength results in the band being lost during planning, but given the amount of raiding that can be done, there is no shortage of goods for re-building and strengthening.

So at the end of the day I'm not sure if it makes sense to have more than 2
bands per rancheria. I don't find myself using all 3 very often, but I am also new at the game.

I'm curious what everyone else is doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I basically came to the same conclusion and target 2 groups per rancheria as the norm. The additional benefit is to reduce the risk of free enemy activation.
I only played the first 2 scenarios so have yet to see how this plays out in longer games and with various cultural developments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.