Leaving Earth: Outer Planets» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hazards towards Astronauts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post concerns hazards towards Astronauts in general. The question arose when Jupiter had the following nature (in spoilers for those who do not want to know what might be out there for them):

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Damage probes and capsules on 1-4
Incapacitate Astronauts on 1-6

The rules state that we must perform all those roles before taking any action (like healing and repairing). The rules also state that Astronauts must have a seat at any time on a space craft.
1) Does that mean that as soon as I damage a capsule and do not have any seat left, all Astronauts without seats die? Or do I have the opportunity to repair the capsule first? The base game states that you kill astronauts in damaged capsules at the end of the year, but then again, it does not say anything about what happens at mid-year damage.
2) Also, the effects in spoilers can take place right before adding time tokens. Since a space craft with time tokens may not perform any actions, does that mean that my Medics aboard may not heal the incapacitated?

Sorry if this has been asked before; I do not recall reading about this particular problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the damaged side of the capsule -- if there are seats shown then the damaged capsule has seats.

Spacecraft with time tokens may not maneuver or dock but may repair, heal, and separate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A capsule getting damaged has no immediate effect on the astronauts inside. For example, if you damage a capsule in a rough landing on the moon, it has no immediate effect (other than flipping over the capsule card).

When you check for life support at the end of the year, a damaged capsule fails to provide any life support.

Likewise, when a damaged capsule faces the atmospheric entry hazard, it burns up, along with everyone inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Somehow it did not occur to me to look at the damaged side for seats.

Edit: What about the end of the year hazards? I presume since Astronaut health etc. was checked before, I can just heal and repair next year without any deaths?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagar wrote:
Thanks. Somehow it did not occur to me to look at the damaged side for seats.
You're welcome!

Dagar wrote:
Edit: What about the end of the year hazards? I presume since Astronaut health etc. was checked before, I can just heal and repair next year without any deaths?
Yes, that's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.