Subject: Colt Express ultimate combined playmat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This playmat image was originally made by Zachary Stoltenberg (BGG user "zachstoltenberg") using several previous Colt Express playmat versions (the original desert one, the one with the mine and the Indians, and the one with the town), combining the best elements from them into one large playmat. It supports all expansions released so far.
I received his final version Photoshop file (.PSD) and edited it to remove a few remaining mistakes (the white outline around the Indian with the bow, and the visible vertical joining boundary near the scorpion on the rock and under the cactus below). Now I'm going to have it printed on vinyl as a playmat for Colt Express, and I'm sharing it so other people can have the ultimate Colt Express playmat without any mistakes (as far as I can see).
This image is COMPLETELY ready for printing, and it is designed to be printed out at a pixel density of 300 DPI, in which case it will be exactly 22 inches X 66 inches large. The width of the train tracks has not been changed from the original and should match the width of the train.
I tried uploading it on BGG but failed as it's too big so here it is on Dropbox (just click on the "Download" button) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qdrbsq6un44s7b/Colt%20Express%20p...

P.S.
See how many small animals you can find on this image...
There's tons of them hidden all around the playmat, I love that little detail...

P.P.S.
The size of the playmat means you'd need a pretty big table to fit it whole if you print it on vinyl or paper, but you can just as easily let the ends hang of the table and use the middle, and for easy storage you just roll it up into a tube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarabeth Reingold
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Enikdu!
I'm downloading it now, thank you so much My browser says it'll take 10 minutes to download...

Have you considered making it into a PDF? That way you can specify the final output size (22 x 66 inches, as you said) and it'd probably be "lighter" to download?

THANK YOU!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veljko Dobrijevic
Croatia
Split
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sara ! And you're welcome ! modest

No offense but your Internet connection must be really slow if it takes you 10 minutes to download this file. I can download it in just half a minute, and my connection isn't really fast in this day and age (20 Mbps, and 100 Mbps connections are common these days).

As for making it into a PDF to be able to specify the final physical dimensions, I've never done that, but I'm looking into that right now. It would make it easier for me and other people downloading this, since it seems different print shops use different DPI standards for large format printing.

As for the filesize, putting the image into a PDF won't make the filesize smaller, it just might make it bigger. Let me explain - the format I uploaded - PNG - is the most efficient (AFAIK) lossless image format, which means it compresses the information in the image file as much as possible without removing anything neccessary to restore the image EXACTLY as it was (so if you open and save a PNG 50 times in a row you will get exactly the same file down to a byte). A JPG on the other hand is the most popular lossy image format, which means it compresses the information in the image and removes any information that is not noticeable to the average human eye, so it can be much smaller than a PNG but there is some image quality loss, which increases with each edit/save (so if you open a JPG and save it again 10 or 20 times in a row you will get a blurry piece of ****).

So there is no way to reduce the filesize significantly without reducing the resolution or image quality, and since this is meant for printing I wanted it to be top notch.
Zach's original PDF is a lot smaller in filesize, but I guess that's probably because he used a high degree of compression (lossy compression) when making the PDF.

So I will try to make a PDF and upload it, but it will probably also be pretty large. Btw the PSD (Photoshop) image Zach sent me is almost 500 MB in size !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this printed on thick vinyl and it looks great!

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey there,
I would like to thank you! I used this image to print it on PVC and looks awesome! Thank you so much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Philippe
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's amazing! Awesome job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.