Pixel Tactics Deluxe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Operations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused about the operations. When do you remove a time counter? At the end of your turn or at the end of a wave? Also, how many turns does it stay in play?
I know what the Deluxe rulebook says (remove time counter at the end of your turn) but I read some discussions that made me wonder:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1503822/clarifications-rega...

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
To be honest, and I hate to say it, Brad has been known to be out of touch with his own games.
(Making Leaders forerunners and supporters (seemingly just an oversight), calling Operations Ongoing Orders again in Megaman Pixel Tactics (have yet to see if the cards were fixed in the printed version) and, well, saying time counters are removed at the end of a round (and not a wave!), instead of at the end of a controller's turn, while the Deluxe rulebook still says "end of its controller's turn".

So, if you want to go by the official rules, you remove a time marker at the end of each of YOUR turns.
It's also part of the strategy as to when you want to use your Operations... Use it as second player and 'waste' a tick, but sometimes you WANT the Operation to end early, so!

If you want to go by Brad's word in that topic, well, it's at the end of each wave, but I wouldn't consider that official. Because if you go by Brad's word, they would last 4 entire rounds (12 waves).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.