Subject: Chronobot - Which board? When does it pass?" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Vigoren
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't see this asked yet:

Which main board do you use for solo play? The general rules say to set up a 2 player game (which would be the side with 2 of each capital action), but if you look at the graphics on pages 23 and 24, which show the research and recruit actions, they show the board side with 3 action spaces.

I had tried it with the 2 action spaces, and by the end of the second era the chronobot had 19 loose VP tiles and about 30 water, both from an excess of 6's, and from it being unable to take construct actions, so something seemed off. Yes, I was placing him in the world council spaces as well once the construction spaces were full.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Chronobot - Which Main Board?
Two player board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vigoren
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd that the graphic is wrong not just once, but twice.

Is it normal that the bot would have that many loose VP that quickly? I'm not talking from buildings or any of the normal ways to score VP, just strictly the bonus tokens. I read another thread where people were posting total bot scores in the 50's. Mine had 35+ at the end of the second era.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes. Where did the Chronobot earn all the VP tokens from? Did you remember to shift a number tile every time you used it so you don't repeat the same actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vigoren
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure did.

About 6 of them were from rolling 6's. He got 2 more from using the alternate timelines variants. Mostly he got them when he was unable to take a capital action (primarily construction).

I was using the resource draft alternate as well, and drew a lot of workers, coupled with Dominance side B, so I had a lot of actions, and powered up 5 exosuits each round. Did a lot of constructing/mining, filling those slots, and then he just went on a run of repeated construction actions (which were then blocked).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Collins
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vigoren wrote:
Sure did.

About 6 of them were from rolling 6's. He got 2 more from using the alternate timelines variants. Mostly he got them when he was unable to take a capital action (primarily construction).

I was using the resource draft alternate as well, and drew a lot of workers, coupled with Dominance side B, so I had a lot of actions, and powered up 5 exosuits each round. Did a lot of constructing/mining, filling those slots, and then he just went on a run of repeated construction actions (which were then blocked).

Something doesn't sound right here. First, you shouldn't start with the optional starting rules as there's no one to trade with. But given that, you'd start with at most 7 workers. There are 4 slots for construction, and 3 for mining. YOu couldn't fill them all, given you only have at most 6 exosuits.

Plus, some of his actions would have to be on other spots besides building or mining. Even if you did manage to fill them. Finally, if you roll 6 six times, that's only 3 VP. Were you moving the tokens each time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vigoren wrote:
Sure did.

Maybe you played until all his exosuits where gone, instead of ending the era when you passed on your turn?

I played my first solo game (which was also my first game) yesterday. I played Harmony. B-side player board, 3 water buildings + Genius+Gold for Evac condition, and Matriarch Zaida.

I don't know how many points the bot had after the second era, but at the end of the game (full seven eras, just one research action was left at the end of the 6th), he beat me with 81 points against 50… and there was a significant pile of VP markers beside his board…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vigoren wrote:
but if you look at the graphics on pages 23 and 24, which show the research and recruit actions, they show the board side with 3 action spaces.

good spot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vigoren
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You nailed it Adrian, I missed the fact that he passes automatically after you pass. Played it that he goes until all his suits are used, which was rather hard with 5 of my suits covering 11 of the possible spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vigoren
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to Gerald:
-Yes, there was something wrong, which was I didn't pass him until all his suits were used, still:
-Due to this it was more like about 12 6's that I ended up rolling.
-If you look at his board he can potentially do 5 constructs in 7 rolls, with each second one after that also being a construct (for a fair while). He has one mining spot on the whole board, so it takes him a long time to fill up that last extra mining space (I only took 1 mining action each round and 2 constructions each round, placing a total of 5 suits each time).

-The resource draft should certainly be fine, even if it isn't an "official" variant. Draw 8 and keep 4 means you still only see (and get to choose from) half the cards that you would in a 2 player game.

Anyways, the second game is going much better now that I caught that pass rule. He had 6 loose points after round 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you change the title "Chronobot - Which board? When does it pass?" since that's the more relevant question answered in this topic

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.