9 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Barracks Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david wood
msg tools
mbmb

Could you use the barracks (character) deck from ALIEN to play all movies? If so, would it decrease or increase the difficulty? Any replies would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can definitely use the Character Decks from the original 'Alien' movie to play all of the other movie objectives straight thru. You can also mix and match characters from the different movies to make the barracks deck (so for example, you could play with a deck consisting entirely of Ripleys, if you wanted).

I haven't tried this myself so I can't really comment on the difficulty level at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
the barracks can be any 4 characters you want. same with objectives. you can use any 3 objectives you want. youre not limited to the scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stanford
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Definitely.

Something I want to try at some point is using all 4 Ripley versions in one deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkRedScorpion wrote:
same with objectives. you can use any 3 objectives you want. youre not limited to the scenarios

That's actually technically incorrect. While you can mix the Objectives from the various movies (for example, taking Objective 1 from 'Alien' and combining with Objectives 2 & 3 from 'Alien Resurrection'), there is the stated limitation within the rules that you must still have an Objective labeled 1, 2, & 3 in that order regardless. So you couldn't, for example, take the Objective 3's from 'Alien,' 'Aliens' and 'Alien 3' and play with those (for one thing you would get pounded).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
maklen9 wrote:
That's actually technically incorrect. While you can mix the Objectives from the various movies (for example, taking Objective 1 from 'Alien' and combining with Objectives 2 & 3 from 'Alien Resurrection'), there is the stated limitation within the rules that you must still have an Objective labeled 1, 2, & 3 in that order regardless. So you couldn't, for example, take the Objective 3's from 'Alien,' 'Aliens' and 'Alien 3' and play with those (for one thing you would get pounded).

that is what i meant angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkRedScorpion wrote:
maklen9 wrote:

that is what i meant angry

Haha! Rules-lawyered! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maklen9 wrote:
So you couldn't, for example, take the Objective 3's from 'Alien,' 'Aliens' and 'Alien 3' and play with those (for one thing you would get pounded).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew Visser
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
What I have found works best when constructing the barracks is randomly selecting one character from each of the four movies. That gives you a barracks deck that almost always has vigilant, mobilize, and sacrifice card. I just like having a wide selection of cards to buy from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.