GKR: Heavy Hitters» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Urban Wasteland Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question on the Urban Wasteland Add-On

It's 45 bucks - which is a pretty significant price. Typically I'd expect a major expansion to cost this much - but it seems to me like we get pretty much all fluff in this add-on.

There are 12 Sentry Guns... but everything else seems to be nothing but fluff.... The game looks good enough to me, and I could see maybe spending 5 or 10 bucks on something to fancy up my game a bit... but 45 bucks for fluff seems a bit outrageous.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned the same thing in the comments. I realize that the plastic buildings probably add a bit of cost, but their durability over the cardboard ones might be useful when adding and removing them to the bases over the course of several games. Everything else is just cosmetic stuff, which can be cool for someone looking to add that deluxe touch to their games, but I've never really been into that sort of thing.

I really like the concept of the turrets, but I just can't justify the price tag of all that other stuff just to get them. I hope that we cna get these things a la carte at some point. Or at least there need to be some more actual game content in the pack to validate its cost. With the base game already costing $100, most of this stuff feels like it should have just been included in the base game as stretch goals instead of a paid expansion (to me anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James P. E. Reynolds
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I mentioned the same thing in the comments. I realize that the plastic buildings probably add a bit of cost, but their durability over the cardboard ones might be useful when adding and removing them to the bases over the course of several games. Everything else is just cosmetic stuff, which can be cool for someone looking to add that deluxe touch to their games, but I've never really been into that sort of thing.

I really like the concept of the turrets, but I just can't justify the price tag of all that other stuff just to get them. I hope that we cna get these things a la carte at some point. Or at least there need to be some more actual game content in the pack to validate its cost. With the base game already costing $100, most of this stuff feels like it should have just been included in the base game as stretch goals instead of a paid expansion (to me anyway).

Agreed. And there is also the increased shipping costs. Sentry tags a la carte for $10, would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So true. I would consider purchasing the Add-On for 25-30, but not for 45.

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allambee House
Singapore
flag msg tools
I am still backing it for $45. 10 Plastic Buildings are significant upgrades. Each is the height of the GKR if not taller, so it's well worth the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.