Hide
5 Posts

Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure» Forums » General

Subject: Solo game needs more tension rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Doyen
msg tools
I'm pretty underwhelmed by the solo game and I wish it produced more of the "press your luck feeling" you get from multiplayer games. I do feel like there are some opportunities to bring that feeling out more. It's just a matter of striking the right balance. My first thoughts were maybe adding more starting clank or having the dragon attack each time you draw a dragon card, not just once at the end of the turn if any dragon cards were drawn, starting the dragon further up the rage track, etc. Beyond that, I think a difficulty setting in the app that adjusted the frequency and severity of events, and made consequences for failing quests a little harsher might be an improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Title of this thread sounds like headline for an Onion article
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doyen
msg tools
haha. pretty specific audience but yeah, you're right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
With the solo game, I am always playing to get out with two relics, so I am hanging around long enough to buy a backpack.

Maybe I am just bad at the game, but I am dying a lot, lol. I think if you just "play to score" then it probably isn't as interesting.

Playing to have a big haul? I'm happy with the balance thus far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first solo game and one thing I did find; it felt a lot easier than a multiplayer game, but maybe I just had lucky draws?

I got a bag, a key, two artefacts, 4 tomes and a load of other point rich cards - escaping alive (for the extra 20 points a well) with 146 points. I got right up to the penultimate room and had nearly full health, and only a couple of threat cubes out so spent 3 or 4 turns just buying up cards with points on - which felt a bit wrong. Any thoughts or similar experiences? I think I pulled all the dragon cubes first, then alternating between myself and the threat cubes so there was never much danger. As I said I think I got lucky with card and cube draws, but still.

One question I had, I assume you start with 3 clank - as if you were first player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.