Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure the quality of the miniatures have been addressed elsewhere, as well as their penchant for falling off the bases.

And even the little tiles on some of them slide right out.

Since I'm incurably LAZY, I want set up and tear down to be as easy peasy as possible. Chasing down loose tiles and figures sounds like something on the far side of awful to me.

So would there be any issues with, say, taping the base shut and gluing the figures to the bases?

(Just got the game, so there might be a really obvious reason why this would be a a stupid idea.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I glued mine on and don't use the monster tokens in the base. We keep them separate so we can appreciate the art... pass them around for review and not destroy them putting them in the bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:
I glued mine on and don't use the monster tokens in the base. We keep them separate so we can appreciate the art... pass them around for review and not destroy them putting them in the bases.

Well that ship has sailed.

Is that what that little bracket is for on the backs of the bases are for? So you can hold them that way instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That will be completely fine. I glued my bases, but there was no need to secure the tokens as they fit snugly enough. There is no need to disassemble them once they are set up.
The other popular option is to forego the model altogether and use just the token.
However if you do glue them, take your time. You may need to trim the pegs to fit and after they are glued wait for them to completely dry. Once dry check that they are not protruding underneath before you slide in the token. Failure to do this may result in damaged tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brzezinski
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
roufus wrote:
angler wrote:

Well that ship has sailed.

Is that what that little bracket is for on the backs of the bases are for? So you can hold them that way instead?

The bracket on the back of the base is for when you have multiples of creatures in play. The app will tag newer ones with the red/green/blue/etc. chits so you can tell which creature is which.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:

That bracket is for the color tokens in the case you have multiples of the same monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
err404 wrote:
That will be completely fine. I glued my bases, but there was no need to secure the tokens as they fit snugly enough. There is no need to disassemble them once they are set up.
The other popular option is to forego the model altogether and use just the token.
However if you do glue them, take your time. You may need to trim the pegs to fit and after they are glued wait for them to completely dry. Once dry check that they are not protruding underneath before you slide in the token. Failure to do this may result in damaged tokens.

Is there ever any reason to remove the tokens though?

The tokens are already in there, and some are so snug as to make me think they're going to become damaged if removed. (Some from the Suppressed Memories box are so loose they won't stay in.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine all fit snug, but not so tight that they would be damaged from removing. I did damage one on a protruding model peg.
As you said, there is basically no reason to ever remove them unless you use them in Arkham Hooror or Eldrich Hooror.
You may also want to remove them if you ever decide to paint them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
evil appears as good in the minds of those whom gods lead to destruction
badge
The Battle on the Ice, ending in a major defeat in the Northern Crusades.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no reason to remove the tokens if you decide you like to play with the minis. They are removable if you wish to use the minis with other games such as Arkham horror, MOM 1st edition, and Eldritch Horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently embarking on this same journey - I am sick of reattaching bases every time I play.

The problem with attaching the bases permanently is that suddenly storage becomes a bit more of an issue. Also, if you are planning on painting them they are easier to paint with no bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorch wrote:
I am currently embarking on this same journey - I am sick of reattaching bases every time I play.

The problem with attaching the bases permanently is that suddenly storage becomes a bit more of an issue. Also, if you are planning on painting them they are easier to paint with no bases.

If you are willing to spring for it, the Go7 storage solution has a clever way to store all the miniatures on their bases in the original box. Basically, it creates vertical storage spaces with rails to slide the bases into. Everything fits beautifully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But, but ... expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painting isn't going to happen. So no worries there.

And I'd love something akin to the GO7 solution if it were going to be able to handle the expansion material. It doesn't even look like it can handle the 'from the first edition' sets that exist now, much less the 7 more that'll inevitably materialize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:

And I'd love something akin to the GO7 solution if it were going to be able to handle the expansion material. It doesn't even look like it can handle the 'from the first edition' sets that exist now, much less the 7 more that'll inevitably materialize.

I have the Go7Gaming organizer. It is VERY nice.

So far, I have MoM 2nd edition, Beyond the Threshold, and Recurring Nightmares stored in it. I have painted miniatures, but rebased everything but I do not use the rails. Not sure how much more it will hold, but I'm also not sure if I'll get any more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheJoat wrote:
roufus wrote:

I have the Go7Gaming organizer. It is VERY nice.

So far, I have MoM 2nd edition, Beyond the Threshold, and Recurring Nightmares stored in it. I have painted miniatures, but rebased everything but I do not use the rails. Not sure how much more it will hold, but I'm also not sure if I'll get any more...

What have you re'based them with? What's the benefits of doing so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rebased them with the clear Litko bases - 25mm and 40mm. I used PVA cement to glue them to the bases.
Here's a size comparison to the originals.

As far as the benefits go...
1. They look a lot better on the board and don't take up all the floor space. (I didn't put bases on the larger monsters that can stand on their own.)
2. The fit better in my Go7Gaming organizer. I have no problem putting all of my monsters in a couple of bins. (I'm not using the rails to hold them in place.)

I have never worried about nor experienced any paint chipping from storing them this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:

The Go7 organizer holds more than the base game, but doesn't make it though the expansions either. There are mini-organizers for the 2nd edition expansion boxes that resolve this.

It does leave something to be desired if you are using the 1st edition minis as the organizers are fine, but sized to fit the smaller 2nd edition expansion boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
i glueded the models to acrylic bases and trew away those ugly impractical space wasting bases.

Free's up alot of space in your box and you can still use those chits that come with the monsters, just put them near the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
roufus wrote:
err404 wrote:

Is there ever any reason to remove the tokens though?

The tokens are already in there, and some are so snug as to make me think they're going to become damaged if removed. (Some from the Suppressed Memories box are so loose they won't stay in.)

There isn't. Although bear in mind there was no reason to remove the First Edition tokens in that version until Second Edition came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These Litko bases you guys are using, do they come with holes in them for the pegs, or are you removing them and gluing the figure itself?

I'm afraid, with the thin legs of the figure and how many of them are bipedal, I won't be able to actually get the stupid things to stand without the stability of the pegs in the feet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
roufus wrote:
These Litko bases you guys are using, do they come with holes in them for the pegs, or are you removing them and gluing the figure itself?

I'm afraid, with the thin legs of the figure and how many of them are bipedal, I won't be able to actually get the stupid things to stand without the stability of the pegs in the feet.

You remove the pegs from the mini's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.