Shogun» Forums » General

Subject: First Battle Every Game Always Goes to Defender? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Francis

Tallahassee
Florida
msg tools
Because of all the farmer green cubes that start in the tower, our first combat of the game always seems to result in the attacker losing. Has anyone else found this to be the case? Any ideas to mitigate this? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trapped in a
Iceland
flag msg tools
mb
I thought that the first time, but then I realized I had forgotten to empty the tray after initial loading.
The obvious mitigation is to load fewer than ten farmers at the beginning. You could try and see if that's better or whether you prefer the normal way after all. Another (bit crazier) mitigation could be to throw a few revolt markers at random provinces before each spring round, though I haven't really thought that option through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you prime the tower you are removing the cubes that fall to the tray, correct? Generally we only get 3 or so green cubes to stay in the tower after it has been primed. You just need to know that before you attack so you can plan on bringing a larger force if your going first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.