United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This weekend I played a game as the maniac. The players found what I think is an unbeatable loop in the green cabin.

As you look at this picture, keep in mind that there is a route covered by the brown pawn (you can see the dot right above his head). When the players opened this cabin, I found it impossible to actually kill the Predestined as he just moved around this cabin. Because it was lit up, he could see when I got close and couldn't do a thing (I think).

Even after the game we sat there trying to find a way where the Maniac could defeat this loop and couldn't. We couldn't find a similar loop on any of the other cabins.

Is a dot missing somewhere on this card?

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kolby,

I have played this game a few times so I am by no means an expert. Maybe you could use the maniac token supernatural speed that gains the maniac an extra movement...Moving two circles on one turn instead of one may be enough to catch him.

Or, use the maniac token invisible to not reveal.

Now if you have already used both of these tokens then yes, it looks like you would be in a no win loop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unfortunately I had used the extra move token in the first round. I had gotten killed in the second round so did not have the invisible token.

Glad to see that I didn't miss something, but super disappointed that an actual unbeatable loop exists in the cabin. It'll just make me decide to chop that cabin down every game from now on which is super boring.

The one thing that I did try to do was use my Plot Twist token to take an extra turn. This got me close to catching him but I was still one move away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were in this situation as the maniac just run and hide setting up for chapter IV. Maybe you could get lucky and take out another camper or two somewhere. The game is still winnable for the maniac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I still almost won. I lasted until turn 13 in Round IV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Louallen Jr.
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I experienced this last play in the brown cabin too. You might as well as had yakety sax playing...we just kept going in circles.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? (if the speed maniac power isn't available)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cairns
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
It certainly isn't unbeatable though just creates more risk for the maniac to be revealed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.