Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southeast

Subject: Gaming Groups in Orlando Florida? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nestor Ivanor
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any board game groups in Orlando Florida?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd start with the board gaming night at Coolstuff. I think it's still on Wednesday's at the Maitland store.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ from Board Game Gumbo

Lafayette
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
www.boardgamegumbo.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came back from a trip to WDW. The staff at the Orange Blossom Trail store said they have a big group that plays on Thursday nights. I wrote about the store here: www.boardgamegumbo.com.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nestor Ivanor
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I guess j should try the local game stores on their board game nights. Every time I've been to any of my FLGS' most people seem to be playing ccgs or rpgs.

Nice article btw BJ. I've been to that csi once I mostly go to the main store in Maitland.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nivanor wrote:
Any board game groups in Orlando Florida?

yup, see the wiki page

Gaming in Orlando Florida Area
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Thirsty Gamers meet up every Thursday in Longwood. Awesome group. I go every week.

Www.thethirstygamers.com

https://www.meetup.com/thethirstygamers/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CPBelt
United States
Fern Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.meetup.com/Winter-Garden-Board-Games-At-Calvary-...

They meet tonight at 6pm for monthly gsme night. My son, Jeremy will be there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nestor Ivanor
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
The Thirsty Gamers meet up every Thursday in Longwood. Awesome group. I go every week.

Www.thethirstygamers.com

https://www.meetup.com/thethirstygamers/


Evan,

Im signed up for thirsty gamers meet up but never been to one of their events. Longwood is a bit of a drive from Ocoee. What games have you guys been playing at the meet ups?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben card
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i'd check the calendars on coolstuff and sci-fi city's pages. they always got people hanging out over at coolstuff if you just wanna bring some games im sure you could get a game going. plus meet some new friends that are into the hobby.

edit. i see that you go to the maitland store. yeah if your playing ccgs then you should have no problems finding an opponent, but we usually go on wed later in the night, and there are a ton of people playing board games instead. they are open till midnight on most weekdays so i would try after dinner til close for your best shot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nivanor wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:
The Thirsty Gamers meet up every Thursday in Longwood. Awesome group. I go every week.

Www.thethirstygamers.com

https://www.meetup.com/thethirstygamers/


Evan,

Im signed up for thirsty gamers meet up but never been to one of their events. Longwood is a bit of a drive from Ocoee. What games have you guys been playing at the meet ups?


The group is very diverse. There are probably 30-50 people who show up every week and of that number, about 15 are regulars. Of the "regulars" we have a few of us who tend to focus on certain types of games. One guy is the one who tends to coordinate the lighter fare, like Celestia or Secret Hitler. We have 2 guys who love to bring the latest hotness, like Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure and games like that. Then you have me and a couple others who bring the mid-to-heavy euro/strategy games. I'm the guy who will bring something like Mombasa, Scythe, Five Tribes and The Gallerist.

In just the last couple weeks, these are some of the games I've seen played: Splendor, Star Wars: Rebellion, Unfair, The Networks, Power Grid, Santorini, Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game and The Manhattan Project.

Pretty much whatever you are interested in, chances are it will be there on any given night. The key is getting there at a time when games are being formulated so you get one of those coveted 3-5 spots.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nestor Ivanor
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Nivanor wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:
The Thirsty Gamers meet up every Thursday in Longwood. Awesome group. I go every week.

Www.thethirstygamers.com

https://www.meetup.com/thethirstygamers/


Evan,

Im signed up for thirsty gamers meet up but never been to one of their events. Longwood is a bit of a drive from Ocoee. What games have you guys been playing at the meet ups?


The group is very diverse. There are probably 30-50 people who show up every week and of that number, about 15 are regulars. Of the "regulars" we have a few of us who tend to focus on certain types of games. One guy is the one who tends to coordinate the lighter fare, like Celestia or Secret Hitler. We have 2 guys who love to bring the latest hotness, like Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure and games like that. Then you have me and a couple others who bring the mid-to-heavy euro/strategy games. I'm the guy who will bring something like Mombasa, Scythe, Five Tribes and The Gallerist.

In just the last couple weeks, these are some of the games I've seen played: Splendor, Star Wars: Rebellion, Unfair, The Networks, Power Grid, Santorini, Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game and The Manhattan Project.

Pretty much whatever you are interested in, chances are it will be there on any given night. The key is getting there at a time when games are being formulated so you get one of those coveted 3-5 spots.


Mid to heavy strategy games is what I'm all about! I might just have to make the drive out there to check it out. Im guessing the gaming sessions last more than a couple hours usually?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nivanor wrote:
Mid to heavy strategy games is what I'm all about! I might just have to make the drive out there to check it out. Im guessing the gaming sessions last more than a couple hours usually?


The sessions start at 6. I tend to get there about 15-20 minutes late because I work down near the Millenia Mall and the drive with traffic usually takes me longer than 60 minutes.

The bar will stay open till 12:30. Last call is at midnight. Some gamers stay right till the end, although most leave between 9-10. I usually play hockey on Thursday nights at RDV in Maitland, so I stay until 8:45 if I have an early game, but I'll stay until 10:30 if I have a late game.

My goal is to play two games each week, averaging about 2 hours each with four players. I like to start my first game by 6:30 and start my second game by 8:30 so I can hit the road by 10:30. If I don't have a hockey game that week, I'll stay till midnight if others are willing to stay as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.