Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
We are pleased to announce that the full Print-and-Play sets of all three add-on roles are now available!

Whether you've been following along with the ongoing development of the wireframe versions or are just discovering these now, this is the perfect time to check them out.

You can find everything in the Expansion/Promo section (here) of the Public PNP Folder.

--Three of the files include the player boards for The Ghost/Cave Ghost, The Ghoul/Vile Ghoul, and The Nightmare Unicorn/Shadow Unicorn.
--One file contains all of the cards for those three roles, PLUS all of the new Promo cards, and a few extra bits and pieces.
--Another file contains the original two promo cards (Silver Gauntlet and Treasure Trove) which will be included with the new promo card set.
--Four other files have the full rules for each of the new roles, plus the rules and a short FAQ for the new promo cards.
(In the "Previous" subfolder you can find the older wireframe versions of the same files. There have been a few small updates between those and the current set, but they're still close enough to use, and are MUCH more printer-friendly.)

Discussion threads for each the new roles and the promo cards can be found in the Variants section of the forums here at BGG:
The Ghoul
The Ghost
The Unicorn
Promo Cards

Notes:
-Many of the Promo cards are still missing their artwork - we'll be replacing those and providing updates when they become available.
-Some of the other artwork (mostly card backs) may still change.
-Many of the cards still lack flavor text. We'll be filling these in along the way, but in the meantime we're more than happy to entertain suggestions too.
-Special shout-out to Topher who worked furiously the last few days to convert my wireframe versions into these awesome new fancy versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Oh now those are gorgrous. I'll have to get to work adding them to the official tts mod I'll get right on it ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Also heads up. I noticed while updating the TTS mod (which is now finished and uploaded) that there is an error on the unicorn deck. the 1st card in the deck has the wrong teleport co ordinates. It shows teleportation to the top row 2nd column when it should be top row 1st column. I checked and its wrong in the Pnp too. It has dirrent movement options to the 2nd card so its not a duplication just a misplaced x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:
Also heads up. I noticed while updating the TTS mod (which is now finished and uploaded) that there is an error on the unicorn deck. the 1st card in the deck has the wrong teleport co ordinates. It shows teleportation to the top row 2nd column when it should be top row 1st column. I checked and its wrong in the Pnp too. It has dirrent movement options to the 2nd card so its not a duplication just a misplaced x
Good catch - thanks! I'll pass that along to Topher so he can correct it the next time he makes updates the files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Locke
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Looking at the 2p variant for the Ghost, it says to set up the game as the 1p variant (of the non-Ghost character, I'm assuming), minus Alone in the Dark.

Cross referencing that with the Ghoul vs. Ghost variant listed in the Ghoul rules, it says the Ghoul takes Past Plunder, though Past Plunder is not given in any 1p variant.

So when playing with X vs. Ghost, who all takes Past Plunder? I'm assuming the Thief does not, but does that mean the Ghost does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardLocke wrote:
Looking at the 2p variant for the Ghost, it says to set up the game as the 1p variant (of the non-Ghost character, I'm assuming), minus Alone in the Dark.

Cross referencing that with the Ghoul vs. Ghost variant listed in the Ghoul rules, it says the Ghoul takes Past Plunder, though Past Plunder is not given in any 1p variant.

So when playing with X vs. Ghost, who all takes Past Plunder? I'm assuming the Thief does not, but does that mean the Ghost does?
Ignore the Ghoul vs Ghost instructions in the Ghoul's rules - that hadn't been updated to reflect the revised 2-Player Ghost rules.

Go with what's listed under the Ghost's rules instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Locke
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Woelf wrote:
RichardLocke wrote:

Ignore the Ghoul vs Ghost instructions in the Ghoul's rules - that hadn't been updated to reflect the revised 2-Player Ghost rules.

Go with what's listed under the Ghost's rules instead.

Thank you for the quick response! Just to make sure I understand correctly, the full Ghoul vs. Ghost variant rules are:

-Give the Ghoul the Flare variant card. It may target its current space with Flare for 1 AP each time.
-[2p/1p Ghost variant Possession rules]
-The Ghoul wins by smashing enough Crystals and then escaping the Cave.
-The Ghost wins by locking 4 Artifacts and then escaping the Cave.
Choose difficulty:...
-Both players lose if the Cave collapses.

*No one takes Past Plunder.

The Ghoul's difficulty will match the Ghost's choice, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardLocke wrote:
Thank you for the quick response! Just to make sure I understand correctly, the full Ghoul vs. Ghost variant rules are:

-Give the Ghoul the Flare variant card. It may target its current space with Flare for 1 AP each time.
-[2p/1p Ghost variant Possession rules]
-The Ghoul wins by smashing enough Crystals and then escaping the Cave.
-The Ghost wins by locking 4 Artifacts and then escaping the Cave.
Choose difficulty:...
-Both players lose if the Cave collapses.

*No one takes Past Plunder.

The Ghoul's difficulty will match the Ghost's choice, right?
Sounds right! Difficulties should match, unless you intentionally want to give one player an advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alina Volana
Norway
flag msg tools
I can see one issue with the unicorn marker.
Quote:
Unlike other player pieces, the facing of the Unicorn piece matters because it determines the direction you travel when moving. Always ensure that the Unicorn piece is placed on the map with it clearly facing in one cardinal direction, and never change its facing except when directed by a card.

This is not an issue if you use it as a token, but if you attach a foot and use it as a standee, the two sides will appear to face opposite cardinal directions, due to the artwork on both sides facing left. For instance, a north-facing player would see left=west, while a south-facing player would see left=east.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alina_Volana wrote:
I can see one issue with the unicorn marker.
Quote:
Unlike other player pieces, the facing of the Unicorn piece matters because it determines the direction you travel when moving. Always ensure that the Unicorn piece is placed on the map with it clearly facing in one cardinal direction, and never change its facing except when directed by a card.

This is not an issue if you use it as a token, but if you attach a foot and use it as a standee, the two sides will appear to face opposite cardinal directions, due to the artwork on both sides facing left. For instance, a north-facing player would see left=west, while a south-facing player would see left=east.
Good catch. I'll make sure that gets corrected in the next update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Pollitt
Canada
flag msg tools
Congratulations. I'm still awaiting the base set, but being familiar with the base roles and reading through the material, I'm really impressed. The art work looks fantastic and reading through the play mats and rules makes me excited to try these. I love how unique each of the new roles appear. Amazing creativity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alina Volana
Norway
flag msg tools
After downloading the latest update, I just noticed another minor detail (which was also in the older versions, but I didn't think about it until now). The Ghoul rules and player mats uses an outdated term in the Scatter sections, referring to the Fangs tribe symbol by the old name "Claw".

P.S. The Unicorn player piece is still facing left on both sides ;3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if it's still there, but I also saw an "isstashed" somewhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alina_Volana wrote:
After downloading the latest update, I just noticed another minor detail (which was also in the older versions, but I didn't think about it until now). The Ghoul rules and player mats uses an outdated term in the Scatter sections, referring to the Fangs tribe symbol by the old name "Claw".
Good catch! No idea how that got through, but I'll flag it for the next update.

Quote:
P.S. The Unicorn player piece is still facing left on both sides ;3
I thought that got switched the last time around, but it's not in the latest.

stoneleaf wrote:
Not sure if it's still there, but I also saw an "isstashed" somewhere...
If that was the Possessed Thief card it is correct in the current version. (If you saw it somewhere else, see if you can find it again and I'll make sure it gets fixed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, I think the Possessed Thief was the culprit.

Any idea when the final print-n-play files will be ready for the Ghost, Ghoul, and Unicorn? I gave my last set to my nephew and I'm trying to decide how long I can wait... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
Any idea when the final print-n-play files will be ready for the Ghost, Ghoul, and Unicorn? I gave my last set to my nephew and I'm trying to decide how long I can wait... whistle
It should be fairly soon. There are a few artwork pieces to fill in yet and another small round of updates, but they're near final at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone that might be following along with this thread but not some of the others, the full versions of the rulebooks and the most recently-updated versions of the addon roles are now available.

These are marked as "draft" versions because there will still be some minor editing, but they're very close to what will go to the printers.

Links to the files and the individual discussion threads (which include lists of changes) are in the original post on this thread, above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
I want to use one of these PNP characters to add a sixth player to regular five player game. Which would be best? I see that there are ghost tiles and I don't have a way to match the tiles. So maybe not ghost?

Thanks. And I look forward to purchasing the expansion. Am a bit confused about how to preorder the six-new-character expansion now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saxmaam wrote:
I want to use one of these PNP characters to add a sixth player to regular five player game. Which would be best? I see that there are ghost tiles and I don't have a way to match the tiles. So maybe not ghost?
The Ghoul would be the easiest to add quickly because it has the fewest extra components needed. You need the 13 Terror cards and the player board from the PNP set, three standard (six-sided) dice, plus one cube and a handful of whatever tokens/chips/markers you have available for tracking purposes.

Quote:
Thanks. And I look forward to purchasing the expansion. Am a bit confused about how to preorder the six-new-character expansion now.
The Pre-order link from the Kickstarter page is still active, last I checked. The Leder Games website (http://ledergames.com/vast/) will get you there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
So the preorder is for three character add-ons. Aren't there six?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
And thanks for the reply. We'll try ghoul as you suggest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saxmaam wrote:
So the preorder is for three character add-ons. Aren't there six?
There are three primary characters, but each has an alternate/variant version so you do get six different options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Ma'am
msg tools
mb
Ah. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.