Subject: Timing of expanding the village simultaneously rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zak

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, quick question.

When the rulebook says "Players simultaneously add the village tiles," does that mean they are built so that they attached to what was there at the start of the season?

Alternatively, this could mean that players do it at the same time without looking at each others' placements.

Or it's a combination of both. I looked through a lot of the rules threads and couldn't find; are my friends and I the only crazy ones who don't think this is obvious?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically it means don't waste time having everyone add the tiles to their village one at a time. Everyone can do it at the same time, figuring out how they're going to connect their roads and keep tiles adjacent on their own. Once everyone's done with that, clean up the rest and move on to the next season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast reply. So just to confirm, an example of what is legal:

After the first season, if I won 3 tiles, I can connect them all to each other in a straight line (as long as placement rules are followed).

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zmonny wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply. So just to confirm, an example of what is legal:

After the first season, if I won 3 tiles, I can connect them all to each other in a straight line (as long as placement rules are followed).

Thanks.

Yes that is legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And to confirm the first part of your question, you do have to attach to what is there at the beginning of the season. You cannot rearange the tiles from season to season...once they are down, they are down.

Have fun with the game...it's one of our favorites!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
mbmbmbmbmb
quick thing to keep in mind which I've seen misunderstood. following placement rules does not require you to make all the roads match if you can. all the rules say is that you have to match roads to roads, water to water & grass to grass. so in later seasons if you would prefer to lay out a tile such that there's now a road to nowhere and an inaccessible tile in terms of transport, that's perfectly legal provided you break no other rules.

this confused our group early on so i thought I'd point it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.