Hide
4 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: I got both the Art and Regular edition which one to keep? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant F.
msg tools
A month ago I was only able to find the Art edition so I took a chance and bought it. Still haven't opened it.

I now have a chance to get the regular edition. With 2 editions which one should I keep? Should I sell the Art edition? Would I make a tidy profit from it? I don't really care about the book but do like to have metal coins and the resources. These are all sold out though.

If I keep the art edition will it appreciate in value? Never thought about making a profit but I don't even know if I like the game as I was sucked in by the hype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought 2 of the Art Cons during the campaign. Put one on ebay and it went for $425. So basically someone paid me $300 to take a free copy of the Art Con

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mahdavi
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you like slick Euro resource management games that are light on combat, then you'll love it. Since picking it up earlier this year, I've managed to get it to the table more than any other game, and my group usually wants to play it again straight after the first play. It has become an easy number 1 for me, displacing Suburbia, which I've loved for many years.

As for which edition, the art edition may well appreciate in value over time, but will likely be worth more unopened than opened. I love the standard edition with the bonus promos, but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for the art edition if I could get a copy easily. Jamey Stegmaier has been great at keeping print runs going and this most recent run seems to be a big one, so unlike many other big box games I doubt it'll go OoP any time soon, meaning the price will likely never be silly.

Tl;Dr - Keep the art edition and play it, it's brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
I think I will keep my Art edition unopened and buy the regular edition. Bugs me that I get no promos metal coins etc. though.

If I play it and don;t like it at least I can sell it easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.