Subject: Late Final - last player in the Final Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Halland
South Africa
Pretoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Say the Final Edition has been triggered, and all players except one have gone to press. And say there are still a number of stories left in the beats. Can the last player arrange his reporters at will (using as many turns as necessary) to best select from the remaining stories and still go to press? The rules don't seem to preclude this.

I did it last night and won (to the chagrin of my opponents :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
hallakj wrote:
Say the Final Edition has been triggered, and all players except one have gone to press. And say there are still a number of stories left in the beats. Can the last player arrange his reporters at will (using as many turns as necessary) to best select from the remaining stories and still go to press? The rules don't seem to preclude this.

I did it last night and won (to the chagrin of my opponents :-)

You seem to have gotten some rules wrong.

After any player has published their last newspaper, all other players will get (at most) two more turns. In the first of these two turns players may take any of the 4 available actions (assign, reassign, recall or publish), but are limited to moving (placing, removing, etc) a single meeple reporter. In the second of these two turns players may only publish.

I hope that clarifies things.

Penny Press Rule Book Page 5 wrote:
Final Edition

The end of the game, or final edition, is triggered when one player goes to press for the third time (in a 4- or 5-player game) or fourth time (in a 2- or 3-player game). Pennies on the player mats help keep track of how many times everyone has gone to press and should be visible to all players.
As soon as the final edition is triggered, flip the arrow markers over to their red sides to show that they should no longer move (but keep them pointing to the same value!).

The player who triggered the final edition goes to press as normal, but does not draw a headline card. This player is now done and will not have another turn. However, each remaining player will still have a chance to claim one last story and/or go to press.

In turn order, each remaining player may take a turn as normal, with the exception that they may assign or recall only one reporter (players may also choose to reassign one reporter or go to press, per usual). Do not adjust the news beats! Most players will take this opportunity to improve their position on the board, but there may be an advantage to going to press right away. Players who go to press are done and will not have another turn.

Then —again in turn order— any remaining players may go to press. Stories are claimed, front pages are scored, scoop points are awarded (even to players who have already published their final edition), but NO headline cards are drawn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.