Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
There is a scenario that unlocks when you choose great wealth instead of great power.

The thing is, without any "loot" card my group managed to collect 17 loot coins (51 gold playing on level 2) and we left behind about 10 coins and those damned vermiligns stole a few from under our nose, besides the reward for completing the quest (25 gold each)

Seems to me that if we decide to play this same quest in casual mode we will "break" the game economy and be able to afford whatever we'd like.

So, should this type of quest be locked once completed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
any unlocked scenario can be played in casual mode how many times you like. It is up to you how often you attempt this scenario. But don't forget that you cannot gain the end rewards for a quest twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
carkara wrote:

Seems to me that if we decide to play this same quest in casual mode we will "break" the game economy and be able to afford whatever we'd like.

So, should this type of quest be locked once completed?

There are already plenty of ways to break the game's economy (gold- and xp-wise). The simplest solution against grinding still is: Just don't do it. If you enjoy the scenario enoguh to replay it, the extra gold won't break the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lucus Trout
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do people think about playing a scenario again for the sole purpose of contributing to a life goal? I'm playing solo and if I replay a certain scenario I've beaten in a way that will almost certainly lose the scenario for me then I'll end up 1/3 of the way to one of my character's life goals. The other character's life goal indirectly involves having a lot of loot so that one will be focusing on that (although it's not anywhere in the ballpark of the Loot in the scenario mentioned in this thread. In case my vagueness is annoying I'll give details about side scenario 71 below.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Basically this scenario is a race to reach checkpoints before escaping. There are 3 enemy types in this scenario. One type is "asleep" unless you move beside it or attack it. One of my character's life goal is to kill so many of that creature type (plus a couple others that aren't in this scenario. So my goal would be to wake those guys up and kill enough of them to accomplish that portion of the life goal, let the other character Loot/get as much XP as he can in that time and then both go out in a blaze of glory.

I would only need to do this once, but I certainly wouldn't be trying to beat the scenario so it would essentially be a 1 scenario grind to do a significant life goal bump.

My other motivation is to keep my solo party from getting too far ahead of my 4 player party too quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the coins that start the scenario on the ground can only be picked up once. You are supposed to cross them off once looted. So this scenario wouldn't be nearly as lucrative the second time through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nadurgin wrote:
I believe the coins that start the scenario on the ground can only be picked up once. You are supposed to cross them off once looted. So this scenario wouldn't be nearly as lucrative the second time through.

Correct!

EDIT: The end of scenario rewards are a one time thing. You can't get the 25g reward again.
As for personal quests, you can grind a scenario if you want.

My Spellweaver had a lifegoal that was perfect for scenario 9. I ran it four times in a row to finish the goal. I don't recommend it. I got the goal, but it was kind've a grind.

I wouldn't have done it that way if I hadn't been pushing so hard for retirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
nadurgin wrote:

Unless I hace overlooked anything, the rules only mentions treasure tiles as being unable to be looted more than once. While you could read both using a yellow background in the scenario book as coins being counted as treasure tiles, the rules for Loot specificially refer to "money tokens and treasure tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
Just putting this here as well:
Cephalofair wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garou wrote:
nadurgin wrote:

Unless I hace overlooked anything, the rules only mentions treasure tiles as being unable to be looted more than once. While you could read both using a yellow background in the scenario book as coins being counted as treasure tiles, the rules for Loot specificially refer to "money tokens and treasure tiles.

Huh, well, I looked at the yellow background and decided they were supposed to be treated like treasure tiles. I figured they were "money tokens" if a monster dropped them, and "treasure tiles" if they had a yellow background.

(Why give the yellow background if that's not the case?)

Anyway, it only makes a minor difference to how I have been playing things. So far I haven't replayed very many scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.