Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that they are including a co-op variant in the game. But reading the description they only talk about the competitive variant. Does anyone know how the co-op variant will play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
I like that they are including a co-op variant in the game. But reading the description they only talk about the competitive variant. Does anyone know how the co-op variant will play?

...first I've heard of this? Makes me want it all the ridiculously-more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjaminHester wrote:
...first I've heard of this?

Same here. Another thread is stating the Kickstarter begins on March 17th. Where is this information coming from? I can't find anything here or on their Facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the latest Mare Nostrum kickstarter update:

Quote:
Our next Kickstarter, for '878 Vikings - Invasions of England', begins next Thursday, March 17, under our Academy Games profile name! With your Kickstarter support, we hope to fund many incredible stretch goals, including historical Viking miniatures, several expansions, and much more! As with our past Birth of America series of games, '878 Vikings' can be played Head to Head for 2 players or with cooperative team play for 3-4 players! We hope that you will continue to support us with this incredible game.

You can find the whole update here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/mare-nostrum-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
From the latest Mare Nostrum kickstarter update:

Quote:
Our next Kickstarter, for '878 Vikings - Invasions of England', begins next Thursday, March 17, under our Academy Games profile name! With your Kickstarter support, we hope to fund many incredible stretch goals, including historical Viking miniatures, several expansions, and much more! As with our past Birth of America series of games, '878 Vikings' can be played Head to Head for 2 players or with cooperative team play for 3-4 players! We hope that you will continue to support us with this incredible game.

You can find the whole update here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/mare-nostrum-...

ah - by cooperative team play, I think Uwe means 2v2. Just like 1775 Rebellion. Not players vs. an AI script or anything like that.

Still an amazing game, and finally we see the secret hidden KS date they wouldn't tell us on FB. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
1775 and 1754 both have 2 teams of several factions,(British vs. Colonials- British vs. French). If 2 players are playing then all of each team's factions will be controlled by one player. If 3 or 4 players are playing then the players will control their own faction within the team. This is a neat system that allows more experienced players teach the game to others without slowing down the game. Players can also drop out or join mid game as long as one player stays on each team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Our next Kickstarter, for '878 Vikings - Invasions of England', begins next Thursday, March 17,

My calendar shows March 17th as next Friday. Hmm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably shouldn't use "cooperative" to describe a strictly competitive game. Team play is completely different. "Co-op" in the board game world implies everyone is on the same side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trakes wrote:
Quote:
Our next Kickstarter, for '878 Vikings - Invasions of England', begins next Thursday, March 17,

My calendar shows March 17th as next Friday. Hmm....

Good eye. The next Thursday March 17 will apparently be in 2022. That seems about right for the KS to launch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
St. Patrick's Day! Hopefully Academy games will be seeing a lot of green.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
They probably shouldn't use "cooperative" to describe a strictly competitive game. Team play is completely different. "Co-op" in the board game world implies everyone is on the same side.

I couldn't agree more!
Very disappointed that this isn't a co-op game. That update really got my hopes up!
Guess I won't be backing this after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Montag451 wrote:

I couldn't agree more!
Very disappointed that this isn't a co-op game. That update really got my hopes up!
Guess I won't be backing this after all.

'Co-Op' and 'Vikings' don't seem to go well together...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:

'Co-Op' and 'Vikings' don't seem to go well together...

It can. Why not have players on the same side as part of a viking force that has to keep their settlement alive and well, running farms for food, trading for goods, and raiding when all else fails, and defending when enemies try to conquer them. There's all kinds of aspects of vikings that designers haven't really explored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True enough. It's the stereotypical "Viking" imagery that works against historical reality once again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.