Subject: Deals in general rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
qq1x
Hungary
flag msg tools
Dear Cosmic Fansmeeple,

I have some questions about the deals witch I want to clarify:

If the dealing main players want to allow to each other to establish a colony at one of their foreign or home colony, how decide which planet should be established? For example, if the offense allows the defense to establish a colony, the defense must gain a colony where the offense let it or in this case the defense could choose where he wants to go and also he decides that how many ships he would like to send?

And I have another question about the fail deals:
If a deals was failed, can the offense lose ships from the hypergate, and in the other hand can the defense lose ships form the attacked home planet or should they lose ships which are not involced in the encounter?

And as always thanks again for the answers, and have a nice game! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Brown
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The only limitation is that you can only offer a colony where you already have a colony. Everything else, how many ships; who chooses which planets etc.. can be agreed as part of the terms of the deal.

2. If a negotiation is declared, all ships return to players colonies. Then you have 1 minute to agree a deal. So there are no ships in the gate when you agree a deal. The three ships to the warp can come from anywhere at the players choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malletman wrote:
2. If a negotiation is declared, all ships return to players colonies. Then you have 1 minute to agree a deal. So there are no ships in the gate when you agree a deal. The three ships to the warp can come from anywhere at the players choice.

Close, but not quite. The rules specify that allies return their ships to any of their colonies (page 10, "If Both Players Reveal Negotiate Cards"), but says nothing about the offense's own ships. Therefore, they remain in the gate, presumably acting as diplomats. After the deal, though, any remaining ships in the gate return to their colonies.

I cannot recall an instance where the location of the offense's ships mattered while a deal was being negotiated, but Cosmic being Cosmic, there may be someday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. The rules are written to accommodate the facts that (a) the offense's ships are still in the gate when the negotiations conclude, and (b) the offense has the option to use them in paying his failed-deal penalty.

The ships used to pay the penalty generally have to be ships that the player still has control of: they can't be in the warp, captured, used as ID ships on some other alien's sheet, etc.

It is not known whether ships researching tech cards can be used to pay this penalty. The rules say "Once a ship is researching a tech card, it cannot be removed from that tech card until the tech card is completed," but they also say "Players may not aim the hyperspace gate at a tech card, but ships can be lost from a tech card in other ways (such as the Shadow's power)." The statement about Shadow, unfortunately, is flat-out wrong (his alien sheet doesn't allow it), but the presence of this statement at least implies that FFG intended something, somewhere to be able to send researching ships to the warp.

Is the failed-deal penalty one of those things? Heck if I know. Maybe we'll find out in the 2025 FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.