5 Posts

Last Friday» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just some questions to clear the confusion. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerzy Jochimek
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
1. If you are successful, can you choose to get the invisibility token in chapter two? I managed to wipe out nearly everyone in chapter one and then having invisibility made my life reallly easy in chapter two.

2. Can campers place lanterns in maniac owned (axe opened) cabins? I had one of them doing so which prevented me from using the hatch / secret passage.

3. Do the clue tokens get dropped only when maniac gets revealed every 3 turns? In our last play through (invisibility ) there was next to none clue tokens and kinda spoiled it for the campers hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha die die die.....

4. Can maniac use more than one token a round? Like let's say super speed + axe? I know it specifies that campers can use only one, but I couldn't find anything about the maniac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amen666 wrote:
1. If you are successful, can you choose to get the invisibility token in chapter two? I managed to wipe out nearly everyone in chapter one and then having invisibility made my life reallly easy in chapter two.

2. Can campers place lanterns in maniac owned (axe opened) cabins? I had one of them doing so which prevented me from using the hatch / secret passage.

3. Do the clue tokens get dropped only when maniac gets revealed every 3 turns? In our last play through (invisibility ) there was next to none clue tokens and kinda spoiled it for the campers hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha die die die.....

4. Can maniac use more than one token a round? Like let's say super speed + axe? I know it specifies that campers can use only one, but I couldn't find anything about the maniac.

1. You can only get the invisible token when the chapter dictates and the only time I see it is in chapter III.

2. The lanterns affect only the circle spaces adjacent to the lantern's dot space location, so yes the lantern would light up any circle adjacent. I do not see anything in the rules prohibiting the placement of a lantern in a cabin.

3. Yes, when the maniac reveals he drops a clue token. When he doesn't reveal (because of invisibility) he does not.

4. The maniac can use only one token per turn, but can use multiple tokens in a round. The one per turn restriction is found on page 8 of the rules under the maniac tokens heading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerzy Jochimek
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That's clears up the air, but still don't know about the invisibility being restricted in chapter 2? After using it in chapter two I agree that it's a bit of unfair advantage for maniac but I can't find a specific rule preventing the maniac from getting it. Hmmm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You can take a "Invisible" token only if the Maniac escape in Chapter II. In this way and if the Maniac have this token, him can use in Cacpther III or Chapter IV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Walton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
It sounds like you kept the invisibility token the entier round. My understanding is it is a one shot / single use. When you use it, place it on the timeline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.