Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
Beer, Chips and Wargames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

There's a strange behaviour when I try to edit my profile, ie "User Profile for seb283" section. As soon as I type a character, the text doesn't change but the cursor goes at the bottom of the text instead. I try to copy all the text, delete it, save the profile, then repaste the text, but it doesn't fix the problem. The changes I make in the same section with my phone work well though.

Is it something common / known as an issue?

Thanks!
Seb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW: Sounds like a browser/plugin/etc problem at your end. I've never experienced or heard of this problem before, and I just did a test edit on my profile without problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
Beer, Chips and Wargames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
FWIW: Sounds like a browser/plugin/etc problem at your end. I've never experienced or heard of this problem before, and I just did a test edit on my profile without problem.

Yes, you are right. It works with my phone and also with IE, but not with the browser I generally use: Chrome. The question is if someone is aware of an issue with Chrome+BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure your up-to-date.

I'd try switching off all your plug ins.

If it works try switching on plug ins one at a time and test it until you find a culprit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
Beer, Chips and Wargames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Make sure your up-to-date.

I'd try switching off all your plug ins.

If it works try switching on plug ins one at a time and test it until you find a culprit.

Yes! It was this plugin : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/emoji-input-by-emo...

Wonderful, thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.