Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not getting any cheaper, but I do like the minis. Looking forward to painting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unai Martinez
Spain
Heppenheim
flag msg tools
mb
I like the Rat Ogre, according to this image it will be quite big. The problem is the price and that only FW sells it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
God Forge World BB miniatures are bad.

Makes things easier on the old wallet though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Wyeth
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
God Forge World BB miniatures are bad.

Makes things easier on the old wallet though.

Yeah there's a load of companies making miniatures that would be great stand in for these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nibble Wut?
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Do you worship Cthulhu?
badge
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zug was an excellent sculpt, but Griff looks a bit off; I initially put this down to his legs being too small for the body,but I think it could actually be down to his head being perched too high off of his shoulders.

I've ordered one anyway, so will have a better idea when it arrives and sort out his stoat-body/tiny legs as appropriate...

Will most likely pass on the Rat Ogre simply because I'm not a fan of Skaven and it looks like a pain in the ass to store without breaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quiarcus
China
Beijing
北京
flag msg tools
mb
Biggest concern is the pose on that Rat-Ogre. How nicely is it going to play with models around it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the griff, think the ogre is awful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expected this stuff to be over-priced, but not quite so bland. TBH, even if they looked twice as good, I can't justify forking out the cost of an entire plastic team for a single model.

I'm quite pleased I don't want them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hebert
msg tools
mbmb
I can't say I'm a fan of the new Rat Ogre. I prefer the Island of Blood Rat Ogres. They're much more-so the hulking brutes I expect from a Strength 5 player, and they really don't need any modification to pass as Blood Bowl players. I'm not sure what the FW Rat Ogre is trying to do in that pose. If you have both Island of Blood Rat Ogres, you can say "This is my un-mutated Rat Ogre, and this is the Rat Ogre when it mutates a claw!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan. Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
Atrocious miniatures, no thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to throw some positive back into this thread.

$3.79 at reaper.com.

Sure might take some minor work but for less than 4 bones (bones get it HA!) I'll do a little work.

Honestly I am more then happy to pay $35 a team until the cows come home but I am not going to go Forgeworld crazy for what is a board game.

Alternate is HERE but I don't like it as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. In the UK you can get both of the rat ogres from Spire of Dawn for less than the cost of the Forge World rat ogre, and either one is a better choice.

GW's plastic regular ogre is better than Forge World's ogre, and all of the other Forge World star players are so ugly and uninspired I would rather convert one of the regular plastic models from the teams.

I have no reason to spend a penny on Forge World resins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crow
United States
St. Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Lots more out there.

For anyone who doesn't already know, the key when searching the internet for models on sale is to NOT use the words "Blood Bowl", but instead use "Fantasy Football".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ratimir Ismailobrat
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Judge Dredd might not have played Blood Bowl since 1st ed, but his eagle shoulder pad is making a comeback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ratimir wrote:
Judge Dredd might not have played Blood Bowl since 1st ed, but his eagle shoulder pad is making a comeback.

He looks like Judge Dredd without his helmet...lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm frankly shocked to see that with the new Blood Bowl FW does worse sculpting than GW for a change. surprise Seriously, what gives?

That said, the other star players so far looked good enough and stuck fairly close to their existing art for this edition, so I'm utterly baffled to see those bloody awful cereal boxes on Griff's shoulders. shake Also dislike the head, but the helmeted version thankfully fixes that.

On the other hand, the Blood Bowl website has a really cool dwarf player design on its multiracial banner art, but whom we actually got in plastic decidedly look like visitors from AoS, not at all like a WHF football team. yuk (Although thank goodness they aren't using the maladjusted cuirasses of the human artworks you couldn't bend your torso in. Highs and lows, baby. Highs and lows everywhere you look. )

As for the rat ogre, overall I like it, although the pose does indeed look potentially impractical. It's just... why in the name of the Horned Rat is there no fur at all?! (And they painted way too much of it green, but that doesn't really matter.) Still, unlike any third party BB minis I've seen, it fits their - very nice looking - current official skaven team in visual style, so I guess I'll fork over the cash for once, despite it costing as much as a whole basic team being quite obscene. angry Having followed news titbits of the game for the last year or so, I never expected star players to come in plastic, but that by the looks of it other than orcs and humans all teams will only have resin Big Guys is quite the disappointment. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nibble Wut?
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Do you worship Cthulhu?
badge
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
parp wrote:
Zug was an excellent sculpt, but Griff looks a bit off; I initially put this down to his legs being too small for the body,but I think it could actually be down to his head being perched too high off of his shoulders.

I've ordered one anyway, so will have a better idea when it arrives and sort out his stoat-body/tiny legs as appropriate...

Will most likely pass on the Rat Ogre simply because I'm not a fan of Skaven and it looks like a pain in the ass to store without breaking.

Having received my Griff, I can confirm that a few bits are "off" but are easily fixed: his neck needs to be filed down a little and his right arm needs to be cut down and the hand re-angled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
I'll try to throw some positive back into this thread.

$3.79 at reaper.com.

I also bought this one (Through the Bones Kickstarter) to use for Blood Bowl, but in the end ended up doing a conversion on an older metal GW rat ogre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fritz
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have having a lot of trouble getting the tail connected to the model. I was trying to use Locktite Gel (it's new, not old stuff). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kfritz wrote:
I have having a lot of trouble getting the tail connected to the model. I was trying to use Locktite Gel (it's new, not old stuff). Any suggestions?

Try to pin it, that'll work. Here's a video on how to do it with a pin vice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQTsyEqr9tM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fritz
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
takai wrote:
kfritz wrote:

Try to pin it, that'll work. Here's a video on how to do it with a pin vice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQTsyEqr9tM

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thain Esh Kelch wrote:
[q="Grumsh"]
I also bought this one (Through the Bones Kickstarter) to use for Blood Bowl, but in the end ended up doing a conversion on an older metal GW rat ogre.

Nice work. That's the old Rat Ogre I'm going to be using as well. Did you just greenstuff his armour or was it bits from something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arthurcucumber wrote:
[q="Thain Esh Kelch"][q="Grumsh"]
Nice work. That's the old Rat Ogre I'm going to be using as well. Did you just greenstuff his armour or was it bits from something else?

Thanks!

Everything was made from green stuff. Took me some time, as I haven't really worked with it before. Learned a lot though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.