5 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Help me with wording - band of werewolves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmb

Is this correct? Can it be written better? The card's supposed to attack players clockwise, until someone kills it or draws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I believe in a thing called Death
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you asked for help, I won't shy away from perhaps sounding too critical

You have a typo on 'Bloodthirsty' also don't feel it's necessary to capitalize 'Monsters' here as you are speaking descriptively instead of referring to the specific enemy type and it's not the name of the card. You could also use a synonym like 'beasts' here. The rest is a matter of rewording so it flows and sounds better. I would rewrite it as follows if it were me:

Bloodthirsty monsters are on the hunt. If you are defeated, move the Night Hunters to the next character's playing space to your left in addition to losing 1 life. The Night Hunters will then attack that character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not the next closest character, rather than a meta concept like who is next in turn order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
Why not the next closest character, rather than a meta concept like who is next in turn order?

It's quicker than counting spaces to determine distance.
You don't have to worry about ties for distance.
And you don't need extra confusing wording to say "doesn't attack anyone who has already been attacked, unless everyone has already been attacked" to prevent it from just bouncing between two people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.