Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I shit you not...

Scott Pruitt wrote:
I think that measuring with precision human activity on the climate is something very challenging to do and there’s tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact, so no, I would not agree that it’s [Carbon Dioxide] a primary contributor to the global warming that we see..

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/09/epa-scot...

Making America grate, again!

Moreover, The Trump administration is mandating that any studies or data from scientists at the Environmental Protection Agency undergo review by political appointees before they can be released to the public.

The communications director for Donald Trump’s transition team at the EPA, Doug Ericksen, said on Wednesday the review also extends to content on the federal agency’s website, including details of scientific evidence showing that the Earth’s climate is warming and manmade carbon emissions are to blame.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jan/25/donald-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the guy simply ran with the denialist argument of how CO2 is not the "most important greenhouse gas". Which is true, but it's still the most important global warming causing gas generated by humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crescent_gamer wrote:
I think the guy simply misinterpreted the denialist argument of how CO2 is not the "most important greenhouse gas". Which is true, but it's still the most important global warming causing gas generated by humans.

I think that is an over-charitable interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
crescent_gamer wrote:
I think the guy simply misinterpreted the denialist argument of how CO2 is not the "most important greenhouse gas". Which is true, but it's still the most important global warming causing gas generated by humans.

Given Pruitt's denialist history, I think that's right. Again, the question is, is he really this stupid? Or does he have his 30 silver pieces and is willing to say whatever his paymasters want on this topic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
In times of trouble, I like to turn to the words of Douglas Adams to bring me comfort.

Quote:
So this is it, we're going to die.

I feel better already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
crescent_gamer wrote:

Given Pruitt's denialist history, I think that's right. Again, the question is, is he really this stupid? Or does he have his 30 silver pieces and is willing to say whatever his paymasters want on this topic?

The answer is C. All of the above
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Betsy Devoys should be announcing any day that she believes it is inefficient to teach literacy to the poor, since they can't contribute as much as rich people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
Making America grate, again!
We're sick and tired of China beating us in pollution. If I see one more picture of Chinese people strutting around in a toxic fog with masks on, gloating about how much more pollution they have I will blow a blood vessel. Only Trump can put us on top again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
crescent_gamer wrote:

Misinterpreted was the wrong choice of words. What I meant is, the guy probably came across the "CO2 is not the most important greenhouse gas" denialist argument somewhere, sometime and accepted it to mean CO2 is not "a primary contributor to the global warming", which is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crescent_gamer wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
crescent_gamer wrote:

Misinterpreted was the wrong choice of words. What I meant is, the guy probably came across the "CO2 is not the most important greenhouse gas" denialist argument somewhere, sometime and accepted it to mean CO2 is not "a primary contributor to the global warming", which is wrong.

Still too charitable. Scott Pruitt loves him some oil industry and isn't about to let a thing like basic science stand in its way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.