9 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fused with item Mutation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Italy
flag msg tools
Greetings to all, i have some questions about the Fused with item Mutation:

The mutation text says: “Choose one Item you are carrying that is one handed or two handed. From now on, that Item must be assigned every turn.”

1) if my Hero has the Prehensile Tail Mutation (three hand) I can equip a three handed item?

2) If my hero has only one hand (effect off Mangled Hand or Tentacle Arm) I must equip a one handed Item, but if my Hero has no hand (both Mangled Hand and Tentacle Arm same time) what I do?

3) my hero has Fused with item and choose to equip every turn a two handed melee weapon; if I gain Tentacle Arm (allowing only two handed Gun) what happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom Blot wrote:

The mutation text says: “Choose one Item you are carrying that is one handed or two handed. From now on, that Item must be assigned every turn.”

1) if my Hero has the Prehensile Tail Mutation (three hand) I can equip a three handed item?

2) If my hero has only one hand (effect off Mangled Hand or Tentacle Arm) I must equip a one handed Item, but if my Hero has no hand (both Mangled Hand and Tentacle Arm same time) what I do?

3) my hero has Fused with item and choose to equip every turn a two handed melee weapon; if I gain Tentacle Arm (allowing only two handed Gun) what happen?

1) The Mutant Quarter weapons are two handed plus one handed, so would count as a two handed weapon for fusing, though you will need three hands to use it.

2) It would be fused and assigned, but you would not be able to use it. The same would happen if you assigned an Outlaw only item, but are not an Outlaw, or stopped being an Outlaw.

3) Same as above, it is fused and assigned, but unusable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
Quote:
Quote:
Phantom Blot wrote:

1) The Mutant Quarter weapons are two handed plus one handed, so would count as a two handed weapon for fusing, though you will need three hands to use it.

2) It would be fused and assigned, but you would not be able to use it. The same would happen if you assigned an Outlaw only item, but are not an Outlaw, or stopped being an Outlaw.

3) Same as above, it is fused and assigned, but unusable.

Good solutions, Thanks for your help.

Another question, if a Hero that gains Fused with item does not carry any hand item what happen?
I think that He still takes the Mutation with no effect because she counts for the mutation death rule, but I'm nor sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Phantom Blot"]
Quote:

Another question, if a Hero that gains Fused with item does not carry any hand item what happen?
I think that He still takes the Mutation with no effect because she counts for the mutation death rule, but I'm nor sure.

You will have the mutation, but it will have no effect. If you have no items you are in trouble anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm, I'm not convinced you would be forced to assign an item that it's illegal to equip/use to equipped slots. From a thematic point of view it makes sense, but no other mechanic in the game lets your take up clothing/hand slots with items that are restricted against you. This might be the one exception, but it's hard to tell. I'm tempted to just go with the RAW - if you can't equip it, then you can't assign it to anything but one of your anvils. It's dead-weight, but it doesn't take up any load-out slots.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
it's complicated and For me write in English is a problem, i hope to be able to explain.

In my opinion the biggest trouble is:

My hero use a two handed melee weapon and gain the fused with item mutation.
I built a melee hero therefore I choose my two handed weapon to be fused and equipped every turn.
Afterwards the hero gain a second mutation, tentacle arm; with this mutation he can not use two handed weapons except guns.

At this point I can choose one of your proposals:

Philip Jelley version:
Quote:
2) It would be fused and assigned, but you would not be able to use it.

It work well but as she is written by Jee It should not be allowed to equip items my hero can not use.

Jee version (I hope I understood):
The hero is forced to transport item (i cant sell or trade) but he cant equip it.
This second version respect literally all rules but creates another problem: if i cant equip the two handed item fused with my hero he has a free hand and i can equip other items. Result, gain this second mutation
is better than not have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom Blot wrote:
it's complicated and For me write in English is a problem, i hope to be able to explain.

In my opinion the biggest trouble is:

My hero use a two handed melee weapon and gain the fused with item mutation.
I built a melee hero therefore I choose my two handed weapon to be fused and equipped every turn.
Afterwards the hero gain a second mutation, tentacle arm; with this mutation he can not use two handed weapons except guns.

At this point I can choose one of your proposals:

Philip Jelley version:
Quote:
2) It would be fused and assigned, but you would not be able to use it.

It work well but as she is written by Jee It should not be allowed to equip items my hero can not use.

Jee version (I hope I understood):
The hero is forced to transport item (i cant sell or trade) but he cant equip it.
This second version respect literally all rules but creates another problem: if i cant equip the two handed item fused with my hero he has a free hand and i can equip other items. Result, gain this second mutation
is better than not have it.

In any case I recommend that your hero sees a doctor in town, it might be worth giving up the mission too if his combat is restricted to the basic 2 Combat. He should be able to throw dynamite though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:
Mmm, I'm not convinced you would be forced to assign an item that it's illegal to equip/use to equipped slots. From a thematic point of view it makes sense, but no other mechanic in the game lets your take up clothing/hand slots with items that are restricted against you. This might be the one exception, but it's hard to tell. I'm tempted to just go with the RAW - if you can't equip it, then you can't assign it to anything but one of your anvils. It's dead-weight, but it doesn't take up any load-out slots.

- Jee

Well the Mutation chart says

"Choose one item that you are carrying that is [one handed] or [two handed]. From now on, that Item must be assigned every turn."

Page 18 of the rules says

"Some Items have a red restriction bar that requires a Hero to have a certain keyword to be able to use the Item."

As far as I can see you may carry and even assign an Item that you cannot use. I do not think you can ignore the effect of the mutation because the item is unusable, though it makes more sense to fuse with an Item you can use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
Inspector Jee wrote:

- Jee

Well the Mutation chart says

"Choose one item that you are carrying that is [one handed] or [two handed]. From now on, that Item must be assigned every turn."

Page 18 of the rules says

"Some Items have a red restriction bar that requires a Hero to have a certain keyword to be able to use the Item."

As far as I can see you may carry and even assign an Item that you cannot use. I do not think you can ignore the effect of the mutation because the item is unusable, though it makes more sense to fuse with an Item you can use.

Your argument has swayed me. I agree with your assertion that items which are restricted can still be equipped, but that the Hero ignores any/all effects associated with that item including - but not limited to - Attacks, Defense, Stat changes, triggers, and on-use abilities.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.