8 Posts

The Castles of Burgundy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple castles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Eades
msg tools
Hi
After a first play I am not sure if the rule about not placing the same building type applies to castles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Petebox wrote:
Hi
After a first play I am not sure if the rule about not placing the same building type applies to castles?

No, it only applies to the brown building tiles. All the castles are identical; you'd never be able to play ANY if the rule applied to them too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael
msg tools
badge
njshaw2 wrote:
No, it only applies to the grey building tiles.

Brown! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Raphael24 wrote:
njshaw2 wrote:
No, it only applies to the grey building tiles.

Brown! laugh

Ha, fixed. (yes, grey are mines)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
Petebox wrote:
Hi

No, it only applies to the brown building tiles. All the castles are identical; you'd never be able to play ANY if the rule applied to them too!

Actually you can pretty much play all of them as the rule applies within a colour group and castles mostly sit on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
..to follow up on what others have said...

You can place two (or more) of the same building type on your map, just not in the same city. So, if you have a 4-building city and a 6-building city, you can place the same type of building in each city. That said, if you have a certain yellow knowledge tile, you can put the same type of building on a city as many times as you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:
..to follow up on what others have said...

You can place two (or more) of the same building type on your map, just not in the same city. So, if you have a 4-building city and a 6-building city, you can place the same type of building in each city. That said, if you have a certain yellow knowledge tile, you can put the same type of building on a city as many times as you'd like.

Sorry, yes, you are correct, I should have clarified that. The restriction only applies per region, not across the entire board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bjwells wrote:
njshaw2 wrote:
Petebox wrote:
Hi

Actually you can pretty much play all of them as the rule applies within a colour group and castles mostly sit on their own.

There are a couple of player boards that have Castles (green) with 2 or 3 sized regions, which is what I meant. Should have been clearer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.