Subject: Lack of video reviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Pollex
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
I want to get this game but am wondering why there are no video reviews of this game besides Rahdo's? Does anyone have an insight to this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Van
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm curious too. I did add a session about 2-3 days ago though and it still hasn't been reviewed... so maybe they are just waiting to post stuff for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the game goes into retail distribution, I'm sure you'll see a lot more shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main reason I would say is because It hasn't hit retail yet (or if it did it JUST did recently).

The other reason is because games like this are a lot more time consuming to review. It doesn't apply to somebody who does reviews as a hobby and at their own pace, but for a big name reviewer it's PROBABLY LIKELY that it takes much more time preparing a review for a bigger game, whereas they could do 4 reviews of smaller games and get that much more content for their channel (and sometimes more money if they're getting paid to do the reviews).

If I had the time I would do one for Anachrony but with my freakin schedule and kids I haven't even made it through the rule book yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pratt
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Perhaps this is something my wife and I can discuss doing after we finish with our current project (the instructional/background/introduction/whatever you want to call it video) though I know this isn't something we have generally felt comfortable with, but it would be a lot easier and quicker to do one of those as opposed to what we are currently doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amilcar Piedade
msg tools
mb
I think this is really strange too. And lots of reviews come out as soon as the game is delivered from KS and just before hitting retail.
My bet is Mindclash didn't bother to send copies or butter up the main reviewers and with so many games in hand, reviewers couldn't care less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Viola
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Meeple Leaf Reviews just posted a vid or two on the game, fyi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orckimedes wrote:
I think this is really strange too. And lots of reviews come out as soon as the game is delivered from KS and just before hitting retail.
My bet is Mindclash didn't bother to send copies or butter up the main reviewers and with so many games in hand, reviewers couldn't care less.

The expression "Mindclash didn't bother" has never been been correctly uttered about anything as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe C.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to do it next week-end , but in french (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfHsbUPii6e1ZxDw5Z2ZNyQ). If you speak french... I love this game, and i know what is going to happen... "thanks for this video, where can i buy it ?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collins
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
CF Vapors - Alternative to Smoking
mbmbmbmbmb
eviola wrote:

Where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Viola
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Youtube

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mindclash probably didnt send out to so many big name reviewers in order to save money. Some of these reviewers charge a lot of money from what i understand. Maybe its not in their budget.

Im glad they gave one to rahdo bc thats how i found out about the game. I offered to do a review for this game but im just a little guy. Ive been fortunate to do work for people like tim fowers, overworld games, zman, asmodee, mayday, and a few others but i dont do videos regularly enougb to compete with the big guys... Or even some of these smaller guys who just pump out videos continuously. Between my day job and family i barely have a social life let alone time for reviews but i have to finish my outstanding ones. Maybe after ill do one for anachrony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't really notice the lack of reviews, but I guess it is a little odd. It may also be because it is only their second game, and Trickerion didn't get universally rave reviews. (Not a diss, as I really like both games.) Anachrony may have gotten lost in the constant flood of new releases because of that. And while KS backers tend to be invested and praise a game more than retail buyers, the positive reviews from player seem sincere. As long as you want a meaty game, I can recommend Anachrony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amilcar Piedade
msg tools
mb
TDaver wrote:
Orckimedes wrote:

The expression "Mindclash didn't bother" has never been been correctly uttered about anything as far as I know.

So sorry. Maybe Mindclash decided not to, for the best of reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amilcar Piedade
msg tools
mb
eviola wrote:

Nice! I really like their videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Péter
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been sending out quite a few review copies over the past weeks - they might take a while to be up, but rest assured they are in the making. For example, there should be a Man vs Meeple video coming up real soon.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.