Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can someone help confirm or otherwise if I am playing this right..

I use one of the charges to fight with Shrivelling.

I draw a chaos token with a symbol on it, let's say it's the broken tablet symbol.

Do I resolve the test by applying the affect of that token, possibly change my my skill test value, (whatever the scenario says it does)AND apply one horror on top of that effect?

Or do I ignore the affect of that token, leaving my skill test value unchanged, and just apply one horror, and that's it??

If it's the latter, then I can see the card is hugely powerful really, as it negates the effects of the chaos symbols, (at the cost of taking a horror) but am I playing it right??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimBGG wrote:

Do I resolve the test by applying the affect of that token, possibly change my my skill test value, (whatever the scenario says it does)AND apply one horror on top of that effect?

Yes.

That's how I see it, you resolve the check before apllying the shrivelling latest effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
There's a breakdown of skill test timing on page 26 of the RRG. Referring to that, when you draw a token with one of the listed icons, you take the horror from revealing the symbol in ST.4.

Then you apply the modifier indicated by the scenario card to your skill test as normal in ST.5.

Specifics of timing aside you both take the horror and apply the modifier to your test as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even so, it's still powerful with Agnes. Even if the token causes you to fail, that horror still lets you apply one damage to someone (once per turn, anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bd flory wrote:
There's a breakdown of skill test timing on page 26 of the RRG. Referring to that, when you draw a token with one of the listed icons, you take the horror from revealing the symbol in ST.4.

Then you apply the modifier indicated by the scenario card to your skill test as normal in ST.5.

Specifics of timing aside you both take the horror and apply the modifier to your test as normal.

wow. ok ... suddenly the card isn't so appealing lol

Not without Agnes anyway..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is AMAZEBALLS for Agnes. You always want 2. This is the card that made me buy a second core. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.