Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert S
United Kingdom
Dundee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you guys know that E.Lang is not done with BR yet? There was an Q&A on Portal's YouTube channel and he said it there.

Here it is (5:55)
https://youtu.be/DmRFAArL1VE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome, for the longest time he was saying it won't happen. So it sounds like a deal has been made
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogey Man
msg tools
Just give us more cards and we'll be set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously this is all we really need. I don't bust out all of the extras every time we play as it adds to the setup time and makes it kind of cluttered. Mystics are always out, Gods hardly ever. A bunch of new cards would be quite cool, we don't need another dozen minis to add to the mess on the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many fans, including myself, have been calling for a crossover between Blood Rage and Rising Sun, like there is with Cyclades and Kemet. I wonder if that's what he's talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just give me a little more of everything really is all I want, love the game the way it is love to just have a little more of everything for more strategies to try out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I imagine it will be cards/ components to play a variant of blood rage on the rising sun map with rising sun components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one hope it has nothing to do with Rising Sun. I don't want an expansion that requires me to buy a whole other game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Coulter
Canada
Fraser Valley
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah i don't need a rising sun crossover in my ragnarok.

I'm very interested to see what form this takes. I think more cards and more monster packs are the easiest to do, and extra monsters that weren't only available for approximately a million dollars would be nice.

Cards I'm actually a bit more skeptical of though. Draft pools can be kind of delicate, but then maybe it would be nice knowing you'd only see odin's throne or eternal dragons two out of three games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
fantastic news basically, as my gaming group enjoy Blood Rage very much. Seriously as already mentioned all I can imagine we really need would be more cards to create more variaty within the draftwing phase. But for sure cmon will not provide us with an expansion without adding miniatures as well, besides the converion kits they offered from time to time. As neither cmon nor Erik Lang (who recently got part of cmon now) want BR to just get mechanisms from Rising sun or other cmon games I do not think we get a conversion kit but something completely unique for Blood Rage most likely. What I expect moreover is a somekind of official expansion like we got with Pets for Arcadia Quest, not just another clan to choose from or another monster expansion we can vary between games. This expansion could be a board overlay or on my point of view more likely an additional board introducing new areas and mechanics. I am not really awared of the mythology behind Blood Rage and what "historical" parts Blood Rage is missing so far, but what I could see as further possible part of gameplay is:

1. An replacment board for Valhalla.
At the end of each age something new could happen here instead of the routined "get your folks here, may get some points related on your missions, and return all troops back to the players supply". Maybe this "Valhalla phase" could determine which player really gets fame by landing in valhalla, and if there are troops that rest there an age or even until the end of the game instead of return. Valhalla could offer new ways to earn fame in case the players decide to leave the standard warriors there. On the other hand this would mean that they´d have to fight with potentially less warriors on earth to controle the areas there.

2. New card type wihtin the drafting cards.
Like we got with the Gods this could be some "permanent circumstance" cards affecting not only the player who posesses and playd this card within his turn, but all other players as well. These cards should affect the basic mechanisms and turn them around and therefore in the end "endanger" the strategies oponents chose within the beginning of the game, within the last age. Cards effects could be "randomly re arange all pillage tokens from cities that are currently not pillaged" / "Playing monsters is consuming two less rage until the end of the game" / "Every player loose permanently two warrior from their supply if possible" / "No player can value more than one mission card each age" / "Change the burning token of the next and last 2 ages to any left area by your favour. You may announce this area after all players passed within the action phase" / "Every player has to send all standard warriors from the field back to his supply without triggering any further effects that may grant him points. For every warrior he receives the own rage increases +1" ... etc. There would be so much stuff possible as the current amount of cards is such low compared to everything else ;-). On the other hand the strategy level should not decrease and the luck not pushed to far here.

3. New ships
Maybe some different shapes (lets say two more ships per clan for a total of 3 per clan) people can choose from. Only one ship can be on the board at one time so players better choose wisely what ship they choose. There could be a speedy frigate that swich places for free with another boat on a fjord next to it when the belonging player makes a turn. Maybe a especially cannon ship, that burns all other ships and and does not allow to play cards when it comes to a pillaging fight next to its fjord.

4. Unique clan abilities
Mayb we receive some replacing clan sheets with individual starting values and a permanent effect for each clan, creating more meaning by playing with a clan despite of only chosing by optical reasons. This could increase the strategy level once again but should not just be in dependence on the existing strategies and matching cards like "loki" etc. just some unique effects "if you try to pillage ygradsil you instantly get 2 rage" / "Once per age you can choose a fight you are involved and let all other players let play their fight cards open. Then you decide to play yours" / "You cannot recrute Monsters" (But the starting values of rage and so on could be higher than usual!) / etc.

What can you imagine for the game ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy williams
Australia
Ferntree Gully
victoria
flag msg tools
mb

What can you imagine for the game ? [/q]

Hel brought into the game, an location and figure.
Including Balder in some way as a catalyst
Nidhogg the dragon gnawing at the roots of Yggdrasil
Garm perhaps?
Gods - Bragi, Frey, Freya, Idun and possibly some card decks to accompany them and introduce new strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Rising Sun, after already having god(Kami) rules, he's just introduced Kami Unbound, which supplies minis for 7 kami and allows them to act in the game for the players! I'd love to see the Norse gods 'unbound' in a similar fashion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Shelton
United States
SURPRISE
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New quest types would be great. Something more than just most power/killed. I like the idea of in-round conditions. Win a battle with 2 other clans. Kill 5 enemy units. Highest power in 2 different fjords. There are a lot of different changes that could be made to quests to change strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
Guess we most likely see a new set of drafting cards here. Its the similar way cmon and eric brought some variety and replayability into rising sun currently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think its most likely we wont see anything. He has said no more often and convincingly than the one time in passing that he said that he would like to revisit it (which was right at the time when he wanted his blood rage fans to buy his new product)
Id love to see more cards as much as the next guy, and I would love to be proven wrong here, but Im not holding my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
He just said he would a month ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and now he's working directly for CMON.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
chas59 wrote:
...and now he's working directly for CMON.

what means he got part of the pure cash cow system currently ;-)
The chances for a blood rage expansion growed with that announcment on m point of view...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert S
United Kingdom
Dundee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toddpark75 wrote:
I think its most likely we wont see anything. He has said no more often and convincingly than the one time in passing that he said that he would like to revisit it (which was right at the time when he wanted his blood rage fans to buy his new product)
Id love to see more cards as much as the next guy, and I would love to be proven wrong here, but Im not holding my breath.

Check video provided in first post. It's month old so unless you have something newer than this I think we will stay with "there will be new expansions"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sugden
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Adding more cards sounds good, but it creates more deviation in how the decks will be constructed during the Gods Gift phase. You would have games with a higher or lower percentage of red, green or black cards in a particular age than we're used to seeing. There are ways to control for this, but I don't see any that are not awkward/would slow the game down. This may not seem like a problem, but it would result in games that are far more luck driven and would make certain things, like sticking to a single strategy like the Loki strategy, much harder. A few new cards per age, like we get with the Mystics, would not be a problem, but I would be hesitant to add 20 cards per age to the decks.

One mechanic I could see them adding would be upgrades that can be claimed by the victors of a battle by taking them from a fallen foe. For example, let's say there was a CLAN UPGRADE with the ITEM label called Mjölnir. When you play the upgrade, you get a riser to put beneath one of your minis on the board to mark which figure has Mjölnir. That unit gets Strength +2 while it has Mjölnir (+4 if Thor is present). If that unit is destroyed, Mjölnir stays on the board in the region where the destroyed mini was and any player with a unit in that region can claim Mjölnir during their turn.

Another mechanic I could see would be to allow figures to interact with portions of the board that have been destroyed by Ragnarock. Perhaps there would be quest cards that allow you to invade a destroyed region, battle a monster that has strength determined by dice rolls, and then - if victorious - gain points and recover figures from Valhalla early.

Finally, I could see them adding more regions to the game - 8 more. Asgard, Ljósálfheimr, Svartálfaheimr, Útgarðr, Vanaheimr, Niflheim, Muspelheim, and Hel. They'd all be adjacent to Yggdrasil (only) and they could not be plundered for points/improving rage/axes/helms, but you could enter one by besting a difficult challenge of some sort. If you manage to enter one of these regions, you'd get to draw a card from a region specific deck. Those cards would go into your hand and would generally be strong cards (+7 Red card, quest cards worth double the normal amount, a 5 strength monster playable for 3 rage, etc...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.