Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/144680/doom-horde-mode-fu...

Hi! I'm Mark. Some of you may remember me from such game modifications as Descent Quest! That was my first foray into this hobby, and since then I've had one game published, and have another one coming out next year from a major publisher.

It has been a while indeed since I just made something for fun, just to contribute to the hobby in general. Last year's Doom game inspired me to take a shot at automating the Invader player, and that's what I'm releasing here today. It's called Horde mode, and it is essentially 1 to 4 marines fighting off up to 3 waves of demons.

I want to temper some expectations, so please keep the following in mind:
- I didn't spend a ton of time on this
- It isn't meant to emulate the full experience, nor could it
- Consider yourselves alpha / beta testers

I also highly suggest that you make the map in a circular manner; otherwise you will pretty much never leave the first chamber since you will be inundated with demons. Feel free to make suggestions, make your own event cards, etc.

I have a lot of design responsibilities on potentially commercial games at the moment, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to update this as we go along. But I'm excited to see your feedback. Thanks and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Gotta check this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Prime
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey Mark, I know I am late to the party, but I like the concept here. Wife dislikes the game so I am trying to run it in a solo mode using the one hand variant that the designer posted on here. Any maps/missions that you recommend for running your variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not particularly; I really just tried to build circular arenas, like you would often see in a standard deathmatch level. Choke points are great in one vs. many games, but they aren't very fun in cooperative games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.