Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flavio De Leonardis
Italy
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone!

I got a question: when I use the WORLD COUNCIL action, taking the left spot, I can become first player spending 2 water (and eventually copy an unavailable action). But, when I become first player? Immediately, or in the next Era?

Thank you!

BTW this game is HUGE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as there is no linked action column 'full', you cannot take an action there beside becoming the first player.

There's no delay in taking the action, so you can't take the action later on either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phanthomus wrote:
As long as there is no linked action column 'full', you cannot take an action there beside becoming the first player.

There's no delay in taking the action, so you can't take the action later on either

I think the OP is asking WHEN does he become first player.

The answer is "it technically doesn't matter" whether now or beginning of next turn as the next time it matters IS the beginning of the next turn, but I'm fairly certain the rulebook says "immediately" so that people can't FORGET.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collins
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
CF Vapors - Alternative to Smoking
mbmbmbmbmb
Phanthomus wrote:

Good Call out...I missed this in my rules review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
You become First Player immediately, and this is First Player for each round. So even though you take First Player immediately, it won't be relevant until the start of phase 5 of the next Era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio De Leonardis
Italy
Pescara
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
EPratt wrote:
You become First Player immediately, and this is First Player for each round. So even though you take First Player immediately, it won't be relevant until the start of phase 5 of the next Era.

TDaver wrote:
The answer is "it technically doesn't matter" whether now or beginning of next turn as the next time it matters IS the beginning of the next turn, but I'm fairly certain the rulebook says "immediately" so that people can't FORGET.

Wait, what?
Aren't actions in phase 5 played out in players' order? So if I'm third player and take the left world council action and immediately become first player, shouldn't fourth player play his/her action and then it would be my turn again (since the new first player is me)?

What I mean is: if turn order is PlayerA - PlayerB - PlayerC - PlayerD and C becomes first player with one of his/her actions, shouldn't the sequence become A - B - C (becomes first player) - D - C - D - A - B - C - D - A - B - ... ??
Isn't first player in phase 5 checked every time all players have taken one action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pratt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tootzo wrote:
EPratt wrote:

TDaver wrote:

Wait, what?
Aren't actions in phase 5 played out in players' order? So if I'm third player and take the left world council action and immediately become first player, shouldn't fourth player play his/her action and then it would be my turn again (since the new first player is me)?

What I mean is: if turn order is PlayerA - PlayerB - PlayerC - PlayerD and C becomes first player with one of his/her actions, shouldn't the sequence become A - B - C (becomes first player) - D - C - D - A - B - C - D - A - B - ... ??
Isn't first player in phase 5 checked every time all players have taken one action?

No, that is done at the beginning of phase 5 and then maintains itself throughout the era. It's like rolling for paradoxes in phase 2: everyone has to roll the required amounts that are figured out at the beginning of the phase regardless if everyone continues to roll due to anomalies. In Lords of Waterdeep, and every other euro-style game I've played, any change to player order is effective the following round (era) from when it is initiated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thevillagetuba wrote:
Tootzo wrote:
EPratt wrote:

TDaver wrote:

Wait, what?

No, that is done at the beginning of phase 5 and then maintains itself throughout the era. It's like rolling for paradoxes in phase 2: everyone has to roll the required amounts that are figured out at the beginning of the phase regardless if everyone continues to roll due to anomalies. In Lords of Waterdeep, and every other euro-style game I've played, any change to player order is effective the following round (era) from when it is initiated.

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Robert and David for clearing the fog-of-rules from my mind

Lords of Waterdeep is another worker-placement game I'd like to try out but haven't had the opportunity yet. Too many good games, too little free time cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tootzo wrote:
Thank you Robert and David for clearing the fog-of-rules from my mind

Lords of Waterdeep is another worker-placement game I'd like to try out but haven't had the opportunity yet. Too many good games, too little free time cry

I have played lords of Waterdeep and as a Euro it is fairly typical, some in my grop love it. The theme isnt there but the race for VP is and it has some tricks. There is a lot of "doing over" others.

Anahrony is the only big Euro I have purchased , Tiny Epic Galaies being the other Euro style game and maybe Lagoon. so Euros account for about 1% of my collection.

Anachrony is still on my table and that is because it is the only Euro, apart fromTrickerion, where the Theme shines through and my brain doesn't kick into a giant maths / resource counting mode.

If you like puzzles and maximising every move, or else, then there are alot but most ae very similar IMO.

Anachrony stands out so do not expect the same thematic experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.