Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any sign of a re-print, or a second edition kickstarter with better bases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Tyrer wrote:

It only sold out a month or so ago. We're still working out details of an expansion/reprint, so I can't say anything for certain, but I can tell you Level 99 definitely wants to do one eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hansen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Ben_Tyrer wrote:

It only sold out a month or so ago. We're still working out details of an expansion/reprint, so I can't say anything for certain, but I can tell you Level 99 definitely wants to do one eventually.

CANNOT WAIT!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Tyrer wrote:

Something definitely needs to be done with the overall design of the bases. We played the game for the first time last week and it was very annoying. The mages kept coming off the bases and it was really difficult to see which Mage belonged to which player. I think maybe using coloured bases and dispensing with the silly little cardboard Loyalty badges would help a lot too. The game is, for us at least, pretty much unplayable as it is now. Shame really as it seems like a really interesting new twist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We never had any problems with the bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a point of getting the Mancers and Summer Break recently as I loved the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Blackdakis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
Ben_Tyrer wrote:

Something definitely needs to be done with the overall design of the bases. We played the game for the first time last week and it was very annoying. The mages kept coming off the bases and it was really difficult to see which Mage belonged to which player. I think maybe using coloured bases and dispensing with the silly little cardboard Loyalty badges would help a lot too. The game is, for us at least, pretty much unplayable as it is now. Shame really as it seems like a really interesting new twist.

Use some glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackdakis82 wrote:
Relax wrote:
Ben_Tyrer wrote:

Use some glue.

I'm unsure of how glue would make the Loyalty badges easier to identify...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:

Switching to magnetic bases made identifying mages so much easier for us. The ones I ended up making look similar to this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
I painted my bases. There are almost enough between the base and expansion to paint the bases the colours of the schools and have enough for the students.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How I handle this: When placing a mage, make sure to keep the badge pointing towards the player that played it. Your own mages are then always pointing the badges directly at you, and you can see at a glance where the other mages owners are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scotherns wrote:
How I handle this: When placing a mage, make sure to keep the badge pointing towards the player that played it. Your own mages are then always pointing the badges directly at you, and you can see at a glance where the other mages owners are.

This is how we play when we get out my friends copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Tyrer wrote:
scotherns wrote:

I could see this working if there was more room on each placement space, but there's only enough for each mage turned sideways. Shadowing could also be a problem. How do you get around this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
Ben_Tyrer wrote:

Shame you feel that way. It's a great game, those things never bothered us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Voigt
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
Ben_Tyrer wrote:
scotherns wrote:

I could see this working if there was more room on each placement space, but there's only enough for each mage turned sideways. Shadowing could also be a problem. How do you get around this?

We do the same when we play. It works. Colored bases would be better, but it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Relax wrote:
Ben_Tyrer wrote:

Shame you feel that way. It's a great game, those things never bothered us.

Shame that I feel what way? I think it's an interesting game, and it could be that the problem is made far worse by poor lighting, but problems with the bases and the Loyalty badges are hardly isolated to my group.

I would love to hear of possible solutions though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Voigt
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scotherns wrote:

Note solution posted above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pcvoigtag wrote:
scotherns wrote:

Okay, clearly I've miscommunicated something here, so I apologize for that. I do actually like the game, and would honestly like to play it more, but the fellows I play with had such a hard time using the components provided that I doubt they'd be willing to play again.

I appreciate that some of you point the mages toward yourselves, but having played the game I don't think that would work for me because there isn't enough room on the room tiles to be able to do this and still be able to read what each room does.

The coloured bases option posted above seems like a good idea, which is why I thumbed the post as soon as I read it, but I was hoping others had remedies that would work as well so I mentioned a desire to hear more ideas.

Again I apologize if I offended anyone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Munk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
pcvoigtag wrote:
scotherns wrote:

Okay, clearly I've miscommunicated something here, so I apologize for that. I do actually like the game, and would honestly like to play it more, but the fellows I play with had such a hard time using the components provided that I doubt they'd be willing to play again.

I appreciate that some of you point the mages toward yourselves, but having played the game I don't think that would work for me because there isn't enough room on the room tiles to be able to do this and still be able to read what each room does.

The coloured bases option posted above seems like a good idea, which is why I thumbed the post as soon as I read it, but I was hoping others had remedies that would work as well so I mentioned a desire to hear more ideas.

Here's a picture that shows a game in progress with the badges pointing towards the owning players, should give you a feel for how well it works. cool This is what we do when we play also. I'm color blind, so I really like having the graphic of the badges to help keep things straight.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3006007/argent-consortium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Relax wrote:
pcvoigtag wrote:
scotherns wrote:

Depending on the amount of work you want to do:

Low: Glue the mages in the bases and using marker or paint paint the cardboard edges of the badges a bright color. This will make them more visible.

Moderate: Get about 70 thin disk magnets, and 56 thick wooden discs. Sand off the bottom of each mage. Glue one disc magnet to each mage, and one to each disc making sure that all mages have one polarity and all discs the other

Really hard: Get a dremel and very small magnetic discs (about 1/16" diameter or smaller). Sink a hole into each wooden disc to a depth of 2 magnet lengths. Sand off the nub on each figure and glue on a magnet, glue an opposite polarity magnet at the bottom of each wooden hole. Then it will sit flat on the disc and look super good (but this is a giant pain in your arse)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Tyrer wrote:

Today's Level99 Newsletter said to expect a reprint Kickstarter soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.